Chapter 78

She didn't want to grab her phone, but the caller was not letting her go. She reached over and grabbed her phone. She realized she had missed the caller ten times already. She answered her phone but felt her every move was slow as if she was still trying to comprehend everything.

"Hello?" she slowly said with her mind being absent-minded.

"You finally answered! Where have you been? I have been calling and texting you nonstop. Did you know it is already noon? You are very late. Don't you remember we have that important meeting today? Everyone must be present or else. I was able to cover for you on why you weren't in this morning and could only say that you should be here very soon once you get out of your doctor's appointment. Now hurry up. The meeting is very soon," Jianyu anxiously said.

"Oh shoot. The manager is coming by. Got to go. Talk to you later. Don't forget the meeting. Now hurry it up. Bye," Jianyu said quickly and hung up before she could say a word.

She wanted to gather her thoughts and situation, but now she could only think at this moment was the meeting!

She quickly rushed out.

______

Once she finally arrived at the company, Jianyu spotted her.

"Finally," he said with a sigh of relief. "Took you long enough," Jianyu continued to blabber.

However, even though she rushed to her workplace, her mind was still somewhere else. Her mind was chaotic as she was trying to sort things out.

"Hey, are you alright?" Jianyu noticed her quietness, "You don't look too well. Are you sick? I'm sorry. I should have let you speak on the phone so you could have told me you were not feeling well. I assumed you were fine since yesterday you were fine. If I knew, I would say you were sick," he said, worried as he noticed her pale face.

"Ah, no. I'm..fine," she said, snapping out of her thoughts. She thought, "Let's put this aside for now, and deal with it when I get home. Right now, I have to deal with this. Deal with one thing at a time."

"Don't worry. If you get picked on, I will cover you," Jianyu said, patting his chest.

Soon, everyone gathered around and stood around the room, waiting for the meeting to begin. Then Jianyu introduced someone to her, "Oh, this is a friend of mine. She is the one who tweeted your time card."

Once Xiaomei's eye lay on his friend, her eyes surprisingly widened and unconsciously said, "LiMei?"

The sweet girl smiled in response before saying, "It's Liling. It's nice to meet you," as she wasn't bothered or upset by Xiaomei saying her name wrong. Then, someone called her over to them before she quietly excused herself.

Jianyu looked at Xiaomei and then to the back of Liling. "You know her?" he asked. At first, Xiaomei didn't say anything as she was busy looking at Liling, who was walking away from them.

"Maybe...in a past life," she opened her mouth and said. Immediately, Jianyu raised his eyebrows as he looked at her. "Are you really okay? What's up with you today? You were never the type of person who thought people had past lives," he said, getting close to her face. She just smiled, not answering him. He looked at her, seeing how weirdly happy she was. He then crossed his arms together as he lifted his chin slightly before saying, "I have a feeling in my past life, I was probably a handsome, rich man who had all the ladies lining up for me,'' he sprouted.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes and joked, "I doubt it. Maybe, an uneducated farmer."

Jianyu frowned his eyebrows and responded, "Oh. Then you were probably my cow. Look at your horns," as he grabbed her hair, trying to form two horns out of her hair as he messed with her.

"Maybe. I was wrong. You were probably a duck," she said, taking the advantage to pinch his lips together and pull it out. "An annoying one," she teased, but she felt maybe he was a certain chipmunk.

While they were teasing each other, the loud sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted them. They immediately stopped messing with each other and slightly turned their heads to see their director and two men dressed in black suits. Her eyes immediately widened as she let go of Jiayu's face. She remembered those pouty lips he had when he was jealous and those upset eyes, but most importantly, she recognized his charming beauty mark under his right eye. She had the urge to shout his name, but she knew he probably didn't know her...as she quietly stood there, looking at him. Her heart felt this longing as they both stared at each other.

"Hey, do you know him?" Jianyu whispered into her ear, but she didn't say anything and quickly shrugged.

Her director cleared his throat to quiet everyone down and to listen up.

"Alright. Everyone, please listen up. This is our new CEO, Han Zhuang. He now owns this company. Please welcome him," the director informed everyone in the room as everyone was dead silent for a second before applauding.

"Owns?" both Xiaomei and Jianyu said while going along with everyone to applaud the new CEO.

"Wow, our company is great at informing us...this late," Jianyu whispered to her, as she nodded in agreement with her eyes on him the whole time.

The man with a beauty mark under his right eye, eyebrows twitched with his eyes shooting a glare at them.

"You there! Are you feeling well? You look pale," the man with a beauty mark said as he intentionally cornered her.

Immediately, Jianyu answered, "Yes, Mr. Han. She's fine. It's a pleasure to meet you."

In response, Mr. Han's mouth twitched in jealousy, and looked at the director before saying, "Do all the workers wait for someone to answer for them?"

Instantly, the director's forehead started to sweat and started to stutter, "Ah, of course not." He then looked at her manager.

"Ah yes, she is just a quiet person but a very hard-working person," her manager quickly responded.

"Is that so.... It doesn't seem like it," he said with a low voice, staring at her as she forced a smile. She knew he was jealous, but does that mean he knows her?