Chapter 56

The sun rose and peeked through the clouds. It lit up the sky and brightened the day. The light peeked through the cracks of the window, causing Xiaomei to open her eyes in irritation. She rubbed her eyes before finding a familiar chest in front of her. She was caught off guard to find herself in ZhangWei's arms. She was very sure of herself that she was sleeping on the couch last night. She felt his arms move and pull her closer into a better position. Once she could feel the warmth between them, she immediately struggled to free herself from him. She felt her heart racing and her cheeks burning. It felt like her heart was about to explode in excitement and embarrassment. However, he pulled her back into his arms, preventing her from leaving. He slowly moaned as if he was waking up but did not, and then he nuzzled his chin on the top of her head.

"Z-ZhangWei...wake up," she said, but he didn't seem to hear her and slowly moaned again. He held her tighter and rested his chin on her head. "ZhangWei!" Xiaomei tried to speak louder. She tried to use her hand to push him away, but she didn't move an inch. "Wang ZhangWei," she struggled to say as he pulled her deeper into his chest. She started to hit his chest to get him up, but he didn't seem to be bothered by it. "S-stop messing around," she forced out.

Soon a low chuckle was heard. "Why are you up so early," he mumbled to her.

"Stop fussing and let go of me," Xiaomei firmly said. "But I'm still tired," he said, moving a bit to get more comfortable with her.

"What are you talking about? You slept when I was telling you my dream-" Xiaomei stopped herself from ending her sentence as she realized she was throwing herself into the rabbit hole again. ZhangWei loosened his hug and looked down at her. "That reminds me. We didn't finish our discussion last night," he said with a smile.

"Um...I-I should get up," she tried to say and avoided his gaze. She once again tried to break free. "Since you don't want to talk, then I will. You know, last night, you technically didn't reject me. You just said to find someone else, and I refuse to love anyone else," he swooped down and kissed her lips. Her eyes widened, and she tried to move her head in reflexes, but instead, he grabbed the back of her head and kissed her deeply. She struggled at first before getting swept off her feet and allowed him to kiss her deeply and started moving her lips against his too.

It didn't take long, and she was starting to have a hard time breathing. She opened her mouth to say something, but then he stuck his tongue in. He started sucking and clinging to her tongue. She gripped his clothes and did a tiny tug on his clothes.

He finally released her as a thin line of saliva stretched between their mouths before it broke off. Both of their faces were flustered, and their hearts were pounding rapidly.

"I-I," she tried to say as she was out of breath. He then used his thumb to wipe away extra saliva off her lips. Her face instantly turned beet red and felt her face heat up again. He immediately smiled at her reaction. She quickly avoided his gaze and cleared her throat before trying to say, "I-I reject-" but then she got interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Miss Daiyu?" a voice came through the door. Xiaomei and ZhangWei both looked at the door.

"It looks like you can't finish your sentences," ZhangWei teased with a smile. "I-I don't like-" she tried to say, but the voice called again. "Miss Daiyu, are you up?" the person shouted.

"I think you should answer, or you want them to see us together," ZhangWei teased again. Her eyes widened, and she sat up and answered, "Yes."

"Miss Daiyu, Miss Baozhai asked if you wanted to join them for breakfast," the maid answered back through the door.

She thought for a minute. She didn't want to go, but she needed to get rid of ZhangWei. "Yes, tell her I'll be there shortly," she said. The maid answered back and left to report back to Baozhai. "You need to leave," Xiaomei said, pushing ZhangWei to tell him to get off the bed.

"I guess you are going to avoid our conversation again," ZhangWei said with a smile, relaxing on her bed as if he had all the time in the world. "I-I already gave you an answer," Xiaomei said, avoiding his eyes and trying to get off the bed.

"Is that so," ZhangWei said, pulling her back into him. Once she landed on top of him again, he grabbed the back of her head before pulling her to kiss him again. At first, she resisted again, but once again, it didn't take long for her to be swept off her feet. He pulled away as her face was once again flustered.

"You say one thing, but you let me kiss you so many times. How do you explain that?" ZhangWei said, wiping her lips again. Xiaomei's cheeks felt like they had burned up.

"I-I...," she stuttered, not knowing what to say. "I-I go to go," she said, hurrying off the bed and leaving the room in a rush. He chuckled while he watched her scurry away. He was about to go after her when a shadow guard appeared in front of him.

"Young master, we spotted Zhou Haitou," the shadow guard reported. "And," ZhangWei said seriously.