Chapter 25

She gritted her teeth and said, "No, it's fine. If the people inside don't like me, then I will ride with General Bojing. Is that fine with you, General Bojing?" She looked at Bojing. She would rather ride with him than stick with someone who irritates her. Before Bojing could agree or say a word, ZhangWei already answered, "Of course not, my horse is bigger than his. You should hush now, or would you like to walk instead?" His voice became ice cold.

"I think it's fine with General Bojing if we squeeze together, right?" Xiaomei said, ignoring ZhangWei's cold tone and looking at Bojing.

"Um, I think it's fine with me-" Bojing tried to say, but he was once again interrupted. "Huang Daiyu can sit inside! It's fine. There is plenty of space inside!" Chuhua said, loudly and stuck her head out the window. "Don't worry. I will watch her. If she does anything unusual, then I will tell the Crown Prince (LiJie)," Chuhua added.
"Do something. Like she wanted to do something. All she wanted to do was leave," Xiaomei thought.

Once again, Xiaomei was sitting inside the carriage, awkwardly being stared at by all three of them. Xiaomei had composed herself, ignoring their gaze as she was deciding what to do. Should she continue to act like the evil rival who wants to harm the main girl and is still in love with the main guy or remain indifferent?

"Don't think we are stupid. I know you planned this," LiJie said coldly. Once she heard what he said, she glanced at him coldly. She thought, "Plan this. Does it really look like I planned this? Forget it since we are already divorced. I say that I lost my love for you when you accuse me of poisoning Baozhai."
"Plan? Does it really look like I want to plan this? As if I jumped off the carriage for no reason," Xiaomei said, icy cold. All three of them felt how cold her voice was and how clear and cold her eyes were when she looked at them.

LiJie ignored the coldness of Xiaomei and scoffed, "Didn't you also drink poison to get my attention."
"Oh, you remembered. I assume you would have forgotten. I'm thankful that you considered that something important for you had some memories of that," she mocked. "However, if you can recall, I was unconscious when I got in this carriage. Did you guys not notice," Xiaomei added with a mocking voice.

"Y-you," Chuhua tried to yell at her, but Baozhai stopped her and said, "Let it be. It's not worth it."
Xiaomei smiled and thought, "At least someone has the right mind," and she stared out the window. She saw they were going uphill in the forest. A river was below them as they were walking beside it. They all looked at her astonished at how she was acting like she didn't care and how she mocked them. They didn't believe she changed that quickly as they were still cautious with her. They knew she had an evil plan since she was a vile, heartless person.

Xiaomei knew what they were thinking, she wasn't stupid to see that their guard was still up with her. However, she was thankful for that so they could still keep a distance from each other, and the storyline would still continue and not change as much.

Then at that moment, the carriage immediately stopped, causing everyone in the carriage to move forward as LiJie grabbed Baozhai and pulled her in his arms while Chuhua and Xiaomei held the window to stabilize themselves.
"Why are we stopping again," Chuhua asked. Xiaomei and Chuhua looked out the windows to see them being stopped by a rugged man and two minions behind him. They looked like bandits. Xiaomei's eyes widened. She couldn't believe she had forgotten. In the story, on their way there, they met some bandits. During their fight, LiJie got hit in the head and fell into the river. Then Baozhai immediately went to save him as their love deepened, and so on. It was just a small side event for the main couple.

"Give us your money and valuables!" the leader said, holding a sword at them.
"Why should we? It's just you three vs us," ZhangWei said.

The leader held his sword tighter before shouting, "Attack!" Immediately tons of bandits surrounded them and started to head toward the carriage and attack them. LiJie quickly joined in the fight with Bojing and ZhangWei. Junfeng was trying to protect the entrance of the carriage. Bandits had reached the window by Chuhua. Chuhua knew how to fight since she tagged along with Bojing when she was young to learn how to fight. So, Chuhua quickly turned the man's hand back before knocking him out. Baozhai knew basic moves as she helped Chuhua with the bandits trying to enter. However, Xiaomei had no fighting experience, but Daiyu knew how to fight since her father was a great general, but the real Daiyu was no longer here. It didn't take long before bandits reached Xiaomei's side. The bandit tried to jump in the window, and Xiaomei saw the teapot on the small table in front of her. Her mind went wild. She quickly grabbed it and smashed his head. The bandit fell out, and another came in as she grabbed a teacup. She tried to smash his head, but he dogged and pulled her out of the window. She was thrown on the ground. She coughed in pain as she dropped the teacup. She tried to get up from the ground, but then someone stepped on her back. She groaned in pain. The people who stepped on her back, raised his sword to strike her. She turned her head back to see the bandit, and at that moment blood spat on her face.