◦༻ 6...Death Caught Up To Me

"I mean in no way disrespect, but what would keep Hua Cheng away from this place?"༻ ❍ ༺

༻ ❍ ༺

Y/N FOLLOWED THE MAN AND EVENTUALLY THE TWO CAME UPON A RELATIVELY LARGE BUT HUMBLE HOUSE.

The man knocked on the door lightly before a voice came from inside.

"Come in," Oh, he lives with someone.

The man opened the door for Y/n, who hesitantly stepped in. The man slipped off his shoes and put Y/n's things aside. He stepped forward and slid Y/n's bamboo hat off his head to rest on his back, ignoring the sudden jump from Y/n.

"A-Nian, you don't have to hide from a visitor."  Y/n rose an eyebrow at the nickname 'A-Nian' before another man came from the side of the doorway.

He was slightly shorter than the blind man and he had a black robe with a few dark purple accents around the sleeves. His hair was pitch black and was pulled into a loose braid. He had a pair of red pearl earrings that stood out from everything.

     He looked at Y/n for a moment, a sudden concerned look appearing across his sharp features and turned to the blind man.

"Who's this?" Y/n felt like it was a little rude to address someone like that but he couldn't blame A-Nian. If someone comes into your house unannounced, you have every right to address them however you want. May that be with passive aggressiveness, or a fist to a face. (Y/n was glad he didn't get the second option, to say the least).

"A friend I-"

"An acquaintance." Y/n quickly intercepted.

A-Nian raised his eyebrows at Y/n, making Y/n hold his breath as if he was expecting a scolding. A-Nian only looked Y/n up and down before turning back to the blind man.

"-met on the road back from the market. He's ill and injured, I was going to take him in to get him back into a state to travel." A-Nian looked at the blind man then at Y/n, who slumped back involuntarily; hackles raised like a cat's.

Despite all the clues Y/n was giving, A-Nian strode up to Y/n with not a moment of hesitation. Y/n stayed dead still, not wanting to provoke the man. A-Nian reached forward and touched Y/n's forehead, holding his hand there for a few seconds while Y/n held his breath.

     His eyes went wide and he abruptly snatched Y/n's shoulders. Y/n flinched and went to grab for his knife, but his pocket was empty. A-Nian eyed him up and down as Y/n retreated his hand, remembering where his knife went.

"How long have you been in this state."

"Not that long,"

"How long would that be?"

"Like.. I don't know two or three days..." Y/n had already lost track of time, god he wanted to check the day on a calendar.

A-Nian's blood went cold. Why would a young man like this be in such a state?! What got him into this state where he can't even bother to acknowledge such a high fever?!