◦༻ 28...A Battle Of Life and Calamity

It did get worse

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It did get worse. So much worse.
༻ ❍ ༺

Y/N FEELS SOMETHING RAM INTO HIS BODY WITH FULL FORCE, SENDING HIM TUMBLING BACKWARDS AND FALLING ON THE DIRT PATH.

Y/n groaned as he felt his lower back slam into the ground and briefly mumbled a small curse under his breath as he looked forward to meet eyes with this abrupt attacker. Smiling darkly as he glared.

"Fuck, what the- DA HONG?!" Y/n blurts out as his fellow partner in crime picked them both up off the ground. Da Hong was doing this with such incredible haste that it made Y/n wonder just what could possibly get him so riled up.

"We gotta go- like right fucking now!" Y/n hadn't seen Da Hong this panicked since he was being chased by Hua Cheng in his journey of a flashback. He didn't dare ask questions, and the last time someone told him something like this; it ended in his death by the very sword that had stabbed Jun Wu himself in the final book.

The thought of Mei and Ya Wenling barging into that temple with Jun Wu not that far behind drove itself through his mind as he quickly brushed some dirt off his robes. He needed to get his mind off that. It wasn't a pretty experience and would haunt everyone in that situation till the end of eternity.

There were many things Y/n had kept from Da Hong. Most of them too much to explain and too horrific to mention a sly thought of. Da Hong was most likely the same, Mei Nianqing didn't show him everything in that flashback, it was for sure. That was for a reason. If Da Hong wanted to show him something more; he had the powers to do so. If Y/n ever wanted to show Da Hong a flashback of his experience, he would when the time was right. This was certainly not the time.

Y/n and Da Hong both picked up a frantic pace down the path, securing the hoods of their capes over their heads and leaping into the trees. Y/n could consider it a flex that he had the same amount of power and strength as a god now that he was Life. In fact, he had less human attributes than a god; it was a hard thing to think about, being less human than a god. Y/n had strayed from humanity a very long time ago, Da Hong even longer.

As both their bodies tumbled over branches and ripped through the overloads of leaves Y/n took the spare time to start questioning what they were even running from. What if Da Hong had just mistook something or was overreacting? After all, he hadn't been here for more than 800 years.

"What's going on?!"

"Nothing good, Hua Cheng saw me." There it was.

"..."

Y/n cursed internally in his mind, he nor Da Hong had the best experience with Hua Cheng at the moment. Da Hong was murdered by him the last time they had made contact, as for Y/n; he had disappeared without a trace (which very much was considered an offense towards someone who was being a host to you and had showed you very important parts of your backstory).