◦༻ 49...They Confess At Last

"I don't understand if I truly love you, or I'm just lonely

"I don't understand if I truly love you, or I'm just lonely. Either way, I never want to leave."

HE XUAN HAS BEEN ENJOYING HIMSELF, TO SAY THE LEAST.

     The first reason being that Y/n was a generally entertaining person, having an attitude at times and cracking unnecessary jokes whenever he wanted. The second was that teasing Y/n was even more entertaining.

     The way Y/n stammered and got all defensive when he's called out is hilarious. You can even say He Xuan found it cute.

He began to count the days he had with Y/n, he was at 5 as of right now, and he was running out of excuses to keep Y/n here. The first was to teach Y/n calligraphy, but Y/n has long since become decent at it.

     The second was that he needed to replenish Y/n's health by feeding him more before he could step back into the world.

     The one he was running on right now was that there was a storm rolling through his territory, and with all the disruption in the spiritual energy going on, it wouldn't be safe to leave. He could tell Y/n didn't believe him when he pointed out the storm, but Y/n didn't know a reason as to why he would lie.

     He didn't really understand why he was lying to this extent either, sure Y/n was enjoyable, but not enough for He Xuan to make excuses for him not to leave. So he needed Y/n to stay for just a little longer, only so that he could discover why he was doing all this.

     Y/n watches as He Xuan contemplates something in his mind in silence.

     He knew He Xuan was making excuses to keep him in his base, did he know why? Not exactly. Did he really care? Not exactly either.

     He offended He Xuan greatly by waltzing into his base like it was nothing, and on top of that directly trying to get on the calamities' nerves. So he could understand some imprisonment time, that's what he told Pei Ming in the letter. But He Xuan doesn't imprison people by feeding them and teaching them to write.

     Y/n assumes He Xuan is either curious of his power or curious of his person, and he doesn't mind either of those. So long as it doesn't threaten Y/n or people around him's safety at all.

     Y/n can also feel his real personality resurfacing, that snappy attitude coming back in small sparks and bits. It might be because of the week of not being able to see the light, it could also be that he likes to jump on He Xuan's nerves sometimes.

     "He Xuan," Y/n calls out, tapping the ghost king's shoulder. He Xuan immediately snaps around, turning his gaze to Y/n. "This might be random, but how long do you plan on keeping me here?"

     Y/n slips next to He Xuan, picking up a scroll to read over it while He Xuan thinks.

     "When this storm passes and the spiritual energy is balanced again."

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝘼 𝙎𝙬𝙖𝙣 | TGCFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara