◦༻ 22...Life Himself

"

"...we'll you see, I kinda stole your job as Death. And now you're...Life."
༻ ❍ ༺

     Y/N AND HIS DUPLICATE STOOD IN DEAD SILENCE.

     Well Y/n was kinda Da Hong's duplicate, but they were still somewhat the same person. No one knew who was an imprint, a copied version of the other, they just knew that whatever happened that made Da Hong come back. Wasn't anywhere near good.

     They were both in a clearing in the forest, where Y/n was just looking for ghosts to take to the ghost realm, but couldn't find any for some reason. He could usually capture them and their presence with a simple swing of his hand, but to see them he had to fuel spiritual energy through his body to even catch their aura.

     And his normal spiritual energy that he inherited for being Death, was gone. It was replaced with a different form of it, a more bright and balanced version of the powers. Everywhere he stepped, instead of grass or flowers becoming grayer and sulking, they became more lively and almost...cheerful.

     But that was the least of Y/n's worries as Da Hong had just come back from the fucking dead, apparently.

     Neither knew what to say to the other.

     Da Hong was in the robes he wore when he died, the scar where white feathers were once growing from was still on his eye. Only a faded red mark that caused that eye to be whitened.

     While Y/n's eye twitched with anger and anticipation.

     I'm gonna kill him-

     "You better start fucking running you fucking-" Y/n stormed towards Da Hong, pulling up his sleeves and getting ready to throw his past self back to the dead.

     "WOWWOWOWWOWOWWOW!" Da Hong quickly stepped back and held out his hands as if that would hold Y/n back.

     "I will not hold back, I swear to fucking-"

     "I CAN EXPLAIN!" Y/n hesitantly paused, only a foot away from his past self, and so did Da Hong; putting his hands down.

     "You better start then," Y/n grumbled, crossing his arms and glaring at Da Hong, who exhaled a breath of relief.

     He cleared his throat, avoiding Y/n's gaze.

     "You know my past, you know why I did all those things, I screwed up bad when I took the old man's deal. But do keep in mind I was dying and that sounded like the best deal," Y/n only gave Da Hong a sharp look of 'continue' still holding himself back,"just yesterday I saw the old man, he was dying."