◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories

"I hate you, Beatrice

"I hate you, Beatrice." Ya Wenling grits through her teeth.
"Tell me something I don't know."

XUAN JI DOESN'T WAKE UP.

It's been six months since the incident. Xuan Ji hasn't wake up, and Beatrice has disappeared. Ya Wenling has been searching for Beatrice. Xiu Y/n is still in a depressive state about Da Hong.

Yushi Huang, for the first time, doesn't know what to do.

So, here she stands, looking down at the casket Xuan Ji lays in. Well her body at least. Her soul was separated from her body a month ago by Xiu Y/n, and it dispersed immediately, which left Yushi Huang drowning herself in cheap wine from the north with Pei Ming.

A tear drops from Yushi Huang's cheek, and hits Xuan Ji's unmoving hand. Pei Ming silently turns away at that, giving the two some space as he reflects on his own emotions.

Pei Ming knew he hurt Xuan Ji all those years ago. And he felt bad for her, and he was shocked when he found out her soul hadn't dispersed after she figured things out with Yushi Huang. Considering that should've been the last of her resentment. He wondered why she still remained for a long time, until Y/n had told him when he heard the news about the incident.

"Because, when her scroll was supposed to be completed by Da Hong; he was dispersed. And since her soul was only hanging on by a thread: one touch from Death, or Beatrice, was all it took to shatter it."

He knew he didn't deserve to mourn Xuan Ji, but he still did. He was the one who served Yushi Huang wine, he was the one who hugged her tightly when she cried, he was the one who built Xuan Ji's casket, he was the one who was going to close it too. And he is not the only one who has tears falling down his face tonight.

Yushi Huang wipes her eyes for a moment, it doesn't do anything to ease her tears, but it helps her choke down a sob. She leans down to Xuan Ji, and presses a small, warm kiss to her lips. It was short, but it still held so much emotion behind it that they didn't have enough time to express when Xuan Ji was still there.

    "I love you." Yushi Huang whispers before she leans back away from Xuan Ji.

Yushi Huang feels a warm hand on her shoulder, she looks back, and she certainly doesn't expect to see Beatrice.

She's wearing robes that resemble the ones Mei Farewell wore, not the exact copy, but close enough that even Yushi Huang can notice. She's also wearing a black veil, not a traditional one from these lands, Yushi Huang assumes it's a veil based off Eastern wedding-wear. Yushi Huang can still tell it's Beatrice from her dark aura as Death, which she seems to have somehow learnt to control better.

Beatrice places a red spider lily in Xuan Ji's folded hands just before she whispers something even Yushi Huang can just barley hear.

"I'm sorry."