◦༻ 47...Life Doesn't Know How To Write OR Read

He Xuan was a whole entire scholar

Y/n was someone who didn't know how to write in mandarin.

Y/N PERSONALLY HAS TO ADMIT THAT HE XUAN JUMPING AT HIM FROM THE SHADOWS AND BARING HIS FANGS AT HIM, ONLY FOR IT ALL TO FADE TO BLACK; WAS NOT A WAY HE EXPECTED TO RETURN TO THE PUQI SHRINE.

When he awakes with a start, eyes wide and a large breath of air seeping into his lungs; he has far too many questions to count. Especially, for the other ghost king lurking in the corner of the small hut.

They lock eyes for a small moment, Hua Cheng sighs and drops the brush he was holding. When he stands up, Y/n discovers that he wasn't lurking in the corner; only sitting at the table. But it was nighttime and very dark, he notices.

"Hua Cheng-" Y/n is cut off with a choked sound as he feels fingers curl around his neck. Hua Cheng's fingers are cold, but not this cold.

Who the f-

"I'm doing this for your own good, so don't you dare tell Crimson Rain." He Xuan?! Y/n doesn't have any time to say anything before He Xuan is suddenly looming over his face. Their lips graze over each other for a brief moment, and He Xuan takes in a breath. With that breath, Y/n feels something suddenly sucked out of him, his face crowding with blush.

Whatever He Xuan just breathed (?) out of him, it made his throat go raw and all of his limbs to fall completely limp. His mind goes on alarm mode, eyes shooting even wider as He Xuan quickly gets off of him.

"Where am I?" Y/n seethes, breathing rapid as those fingers soften their grip on his neck. They haven't left, but they're certainly not as tight as they originally were.

"The palace of Xian Le, well not actually, this is a dream." He Xuan responds, voice low and much more stable than Y/n's. Y/n's eye twitches.

"What is going on." He demands with the little remains of his voice he has.

"I lunged at you and bit into your neck, causing dark qi to go into your meridians to cancel out the toxic qi. Which you consumed from the water of my territory." He Xuan explains, fingers loosening with every second. Y/n sighs, certainly not in relief, but not much in fear either.

"When the dark qi killed all of the toxic qi, you awoke and I just took back the dark qi so it doesn't kill any more of your qi." There was a whole lot of 'qi' in this whole conversation that was making Y/n's head spin.

     "Okay, thank you first of all. But where is General Nan Yang?" He Xuan snorts at Y/n's question. Y/n raises an eyebrow.

     "Somewhere in the heavens, I teleported him back there before I bit you." Y/n nods, furrowing his eyebrows at the same time.

     "And when can I go back to the heavens?"

     "Once the healing process is finished."