◦༻ 25...What Are You Thinking?

She was here

She was here.
༻ ❍ ༺

Y/N'S JAW WAS PRACTICALLY HANGING TO THE GROUND AT THIS POINT, IT WOULD PROBABLY FALL OFF IF THAT WAS HOW THE HUMAN BODY WORKED.

Since when was Mei Nianqing going to tell him that he once ended up in Xian Le?! He's the only guy Y/n could slightly trust, and now this?!

Why were there so many things still being hidden from him? Hasn't he been here for like...a year now? Or even more at this point.

Y/n took a deep breath and collected himself one piece at a time, he had to pay attention to this flashback, it was one of the most important parts of Da Hong's life that shaped his fate in the end. He smiled again.

"Y-yea..." Hong'er mumbled through the bandages. Da Hong nodded, not wanting to press further began to walk away but a force tugged on his sleeve.

He looked back quickly and had sharp eyes on the person who even tried to touch him, it was still the kid. He sighed sternly and tapped his finger on the side of his leg a few times. Da Hong was visibly growing impatient.

And since they were still connected through flashbacks, Y/n began to grow rather impatient too, tapping his foot against the dirt road in a continuous rhythm that the two men to his side failed to notice. His face still staying the same exact placid smile.

"What is it now kid?" Da Hong asked again, a little more strict than last time.

Hua Cheng, on the sideline's seemed to roll his eyes at Xiu Y/n, not Da Hong, to which Y/n mouthed 'fuck off' at him, still smiling that added even more snark to it. Hua Cheng smirked before a sudden shuffle from the flashback made him and Y/n turn their gaze back. Still passing the-Devil-may-care side eyes here and there as they watched intently. After all, they were the two in the flashback, it wasn't just Y/n's flashback to look at, that's why Hua Cheng was here too. Xie Lian was here to make sure Hua Cheng didn't murder the never-not-smiling-nowadays Y/n, most likely.

But when they turned themselves back, they noticed that Hong'er had clung to Da Hong like a koala! Arms encircled around his waist and head pressed into his torso while the shouts and screams of a few (probably snobby) villagers roared close behind the two.

"WHERE THE HELL IS THAT KID?!" A woman in fancy tangerine colored clothing, holding a fan yelled. She also had a golden swan necklace, wrapped around her neck that stopped just around her collarbones.

Her hair was a mess and she had sticky red wine clinging to her face and tainting her elegant garments that were draped over her body. She was gripping her fan so tightly closed that it could crack at any moment.

The whole marketplace fell silent at the sight and sound.

She was the daughter of a very well known scholar who had a hot temper, she had obviously inherited it. Scared of what they could do, the people stopped what they were doing and held their heads low, not wanting to seek any attention whatsoever.