◦༻ 36...The Reverend's Playground

"What-"CRACK!A cold palm swipes across Pei Ming's face, the faint sting of aftershock settles over him and he looks at Da Hong with wide eyes

"What-"
CRACK!
A cold palm swipes across Pei Ming's face, the faint sting of aftershock settles over him and he looks at Da Hong with wide eyes.
༻ ❍ ༺

     IT WAS THE THIRD FLASHBACK Y/N HAD EVER BEEN IN AND NOW HE REALLY BELIEVES IN THE SAYING: "THIRD TIMES A CHARM." SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE NOW HE WOULD LEAVE WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS.

     Mei Nianqing had promised him to show Y/n the full flashback this time, the whole explanation and how everything happened or went wrong for Da Hong.

     Mei Nianqing pauses before his fingers touch Y/n's forehead, contemplating something. Y/n raises an eyebrow at him.

"Xiu Y/n, do you know what that silver butterfly was in the flashback where I showed you a portion of Da Hong's backstory?" Y/n shakes his head no, he forgot about that thing a long time ago, he only just remembered it now. "Well, that was a sign that dark energy was overtaking your body; or The Reverend was trying to take control. If you see that butterfly again start screaming and wailing, I will wake you up." Y/n stills for a moment. He nods after that moment, and those two fingers press against his forehead; his vision goes black.

Mei Nianqing catches Y/n's tipping body, laying his head in his lap and petting his (your hair texture) hair.

This poor thing. If only Da Hong didn't take that deal, surely Da Hong regrets what he did?

     Mei Nianqing can only hope that Da Hong regrets what he did. Especially after all of this.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

"Da Hong..." Pei Ming trails off, his throat dry. He was looking at the actual Da Hong, the one he had failed to save twice. The one he fell in love with all those centuries ago. The one who drove him to fall in love with Xiu Y/n.

He was back—

Da Hong rolls his eyes and jumps down from the window sill he was perched on.

     —and more pissed than ever.

"Surprise." Da Hong states with no mirth or emotion in his tone. Pei Ming opens his mouth to say something, but he's quickly silenced when Da Hong gets closer to him. A hand reaches out to his face and he automatically raises his hands, backing away a few steps.

"Wow, wow, I have a lover-"

"I'm well aware and I don't have such interests. I've never been attracted to anyone in my entire life and afterlife, that isn't changing. Especially when you're in such a relationship with my closest friend." Da Hong states blankly, "I was just going to do this."