◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune

Something's off

Something's off.
Something happened to Da Hong.
༻ ❍ ༺

THIS WORLD REALLY LOVED SCREWING Y/N OVER.

He was always trapped in bad situations, bad decisions, bad morals, and with bad people.

Some weren't aware of this evil nature of the world, naive to its true colors. That's what mortal's were, praying to gods as if behind those statues and paintings on fact; they were still on the level of any mortal: just with powers.

Others ignored it and scavenged down their own road, either set up for them; or they had the power and confidence to make their own. They did this to search for benefit, a few succeeded. That's what god's were, the ignorers.

Those who recognized that this was the only difference between the two, were punished and left behind. Some of those people made sense of what they were left with like banished gods and ghosts of any rank.

Life and Death?

No one knew which path they took, rather if they took a path at all. Not even Y/n could comprehend what was left for him as Life or Death. Da Hong might be able to figure it out, not in this lifetime though.

Y/n nor Da Hong knew what awaited them on the other side, what happened when someone filled their place.

Y/n wondered if that would happen to him right now. He was battling a ghost king who had taken down 33 heavenly officials after all, Y/n would be a struggle to defeat no doubt, but who would win in the end?

None of them wanted to know.

CLANG!

The two blades clashed together. An eruption of sparks flashed between Y/n and Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng was shocked for a moment, the shock came in several waves in barley a second for him. The first one was wondering who's spiritual weapon could possibly stand against his so well, not shattering at first touch. The second was the realization that the person who had lunged at him was Y/n. The third was mainly confusion and frustration. The fourth was the fact that he was going to have to fight Y/n to see what was going on. The fifth was the question as to why Y/n had this blank smile on that Hua Cheng saw whenever their blades aligned. Y/n was usually always frowning when he was Death. Sure, as Life you are supposed to have a lighter aura, but while they were fighting?

Just what happened to Y/n the moment everyone turned away, thinking he was long gone.

Perhaps Hua Cheng should have went searching for him earlier, rather than waiting in the ghost city for him to arrive after his announced passing. The only reason he stopped waiting was because there was a new Death, this sudden replacement stirred the ghost king's interest and caused Hua Cheng to step out and track him down. If he hadn't, Hua Cheng would still be waiting with Xie Lian in the paradise manor together.