◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational

All this happened, all these people——it was all because of The Reverend

—it was all because of The Reverend.
༻ ❍ ༺

     MEI NIANQING WAS ALWAYS AWARE OF WHERE XIU Y/N WAS, EVER SINCE HE DIED, MEI NIANQING ALWAYS KNEW.

     He had his eye locked on Y/n the moment he died, he calculated and watched over his every movement and decision.

     He would be perceived as a creep and a stalker by any normal human being who was unaware of the situation everyone in said situation was dealing with, but he honestly could care less for the opinions of people that didn't even know him or Xiu Y/n. Besides, his watching and calculating was all to make sure Xiu Y/n was safe from that thing.

     He made a fatal error by letting Xiu Y/n be taken away by Ya Wenling and Heng Mei, that was the first mistake. Yet, he soon learned it wasn't like he could prevent anything that happened that day anyway.

     He can't step in the way of fate, or that thing.

     Jun Wu thought he could.

     That's why Jun Wu had disappeared the very next morning after spending the rest of the day that Xiu Y/n disappeared; wrecking his room and destroying everything that reminded him of Xiu Y/n.

Mei Nianqing didn't try to stop him, Jun Wu may have lost most of his power in the battle on Tonglu; but he could still physically overpower Mei Nianqing and injure him badly, permanently even.

     Jun Wu skimmed the whole continent for Xiu Y/n, tearing down anything and anyone that got in his way. He had paved a path to destruction to the very moment he had stabbed Xiu Y/n, ending the life of the man whom he was obsessed with beyond redemption.

     Mei Nianqing didn't understand why Jun Wu murdered Xiu Y/n at first, but he understood as soon as he reflected on Jun Wu's constant drive for possession and to take things. He felt stupid for not coming to this conclusion earlier, after all; Jun Wu has had this drive since their days in Wuyong.

     Jun Wu had killed Xiu Y/n so that he could take Xiu Y/n's soul and keep what was left of Xiu Y/n all to himself.

     Mei Nianqing nearly stepped in at that point, but he stepped back just as quickly at the first sign that the old man had everything under control.

The old man was not a being to be tested. That was one of the only things Mei Nianqing had figured out about him.

     Jun Wu had acted irrationally and impulsively by killing Xiu Y/n, not thinking of what would happen to his plan to keep Xiu Y/n's soul if he became more than just a ghost.

After all, when someone is heartbroken or in love; they act irrationally. Jun Wu was no exception, and he never had been.

     Not even Mei Nianqing had expected for Xiu Y/n to be offered to become the next White No Face, much less Xiu Y/n decline it and become Death instead. It had hit Jun Wu harder than anyone else who could be considered 'close' to Xiu Y/n.