◦༻ 7...Da Hong? Who?

"Now, I see your wounds have only worsened due to your carelessness

"Now, I see your wounds have only worsened due to your carelessness. Now I can understand why Jun Wu was so on edge about you leaving."
༻ ❍ ༺

Y/N STARED THROUGH THE WHITE VEIL AT THE GHOST KING IN SILENCE. THE BEADS THAT WERE TIED ONTO THE BAMBOO THAT HUNG WITH THE VEIL GLINTED UNDER THE SUNLIGHT, STINGING HIS EYES. AND YET HE DIDN'T DARE LOOK AWAY FOR A SECOND.

"I probably do then." He replied, begrudgingly agreeing with the ghost king.

Y/n turned his head back down, breaking eye contact with Hua Cheng. He wasn't that stupid, he knew that looking away from this man could guarantee death. But he'd rather not see a blade flying at him before he died.

     Besides, drawing shapes in the dirt was actually kind of fun when you have nothing else to do!

     A dagger flew out from above and dug itself into the dirt he was drawing in. If he hadn't moved a moment sooner to jerk his hand away, his fingers would've been sliced off.

     Y/n thought the dagger was E-Ming for a moment but at closer inspection he noticed the lotus engraved into the silver. He reached for the dagger, but it only flew back into Hua Cheng's hand; forcing Y/n to look up again.

Hua Cheng slipped the dagger into his belt, bringing out a screech of metal that made Y/n shrivel back. He took the sudden drop in guard as a ticket to get closer to Y/n.

"A little ghost girl named Ya Wenling has been looking for you; she said you gave her this dagger shortly after her passing."

Ya Wenling is.. a ghost now?

     I didn't save her...

     Y/n knew since she died that he couldn't save her no matter what he did. But it wouldn't have hurt to never be reminded of his failure.

"Well you should give the dagger to her then. I gave it to her for protection." Y/n's eye twitched under the veil, where the hell was Ya Wenling and why did she go to Hua Cheng, a not-so-accesible ghost king, for help out of all people?

     She was a seven year old and seven year olds can really approach anything without fear, but Hua Cheng? Not even a newborn baby would spare a look at him without feeling some sort of intimidation.

"She requested that I give this back to you. But I'm afraid that I can't give it to you directly."

"Why?"

"Stop asking questions, and get off the ground."

"No and no."

"..."

    Y/n cringed at his own words and immediately began cursing himself.

     You could've just complied but noooooo!

     You're dumber than an actual chicken, you know that right?