Twenty-Two: The Beautiful Storm

Nova sniffed as she walked into the quaint little library that had a coffee shop attached to it, so she would be able to get her latte while exploring the shelves for the book she sought

Nova sniffed as she walked into the quaint little library that had a coffee shop attached to it, so she would be able to get her latte while exploring the shelves for the book she sought. The afternoon was dark gray with ominous clouds weeping diminutive white snowflakes. She hadn't trusted her car enough to drive her to and back to this part of town, which was far from where she lived, so she decided that calling an Uber was the best course of action she could take. She hugged her coat closer to her torso as she walked up to the counter, giving the worker there a small smile before placing her order. As she waited, Nova took a look around, and as far as she could see, she had been the only one in the building beside the workers. After paying for her drink, Nova wandered over to the book locality, immediately going to the mythology and religion section, letting her eyes scan the spines of the books as she took small sips of her scalding drink, being mindful not to burn her tongue.

She had read the hunter's guide front to back various times, and yet she still had so many questions that she knew wouldn't be answered easily, but her curiosity was getting the better of her. She had been to every book shop and library Veniko had to offer, but she couldn't find anything remotely similar to the book she had stolen from Kane. It was beginning to frustrate her, so he looked for any referrals or possible places she could obtain comparable texts from the hunter's guide, which then led her to this little library. She learned that werewolves were created by witchcraft, they were highly allergic to silver and wolfsbane, and there was no cure for the curse. Once bitten, the human infected with the venom would remain a lycanthrope even in death. It was depressing, honestly. Being a monster for all of eternity and being a constant danger to those around you. Nova wasn't overly religious like her parents, who were strict Catholics. They tried to implement their beliefs on her since she was a small child, but it was never something she found herself gravitating to, much to their dismay and disapproval.

Besides, the Catholic Church was made up of a bunch of pedophilic old white men who used God and the Bible as an excuse for their disgusting actions.

While Nova wasn't the biggest believer of God, she did believe that something supernatural existed because not only of the strange circumstances in which Sawyer O'Connell had died but the new girl in school, Amelia Olson, had the same mark on her forearm that was on the cover of the hunter's book. They had been in gym class when her sleeve had accidentally rolled up and Nova had gotten a glimpse of the engraved tattoo. She had played it off pretending to not have noticed her slip up, but that night when she went home, she had buried herself back into the book, trying to unearth every single piece of information the text had to offer on hunters and their marks.