One: Failing

Immediately upon receiving his test, he flipped it over so no one could peek at his score

Immediately upon receiving his test, he flipped it over so no one could peek at his score. Mythology wasn't his best subject, and it was starting to show. Evander didn't see the point of learning about myths when more important things could be taught. Maybe he was just bitter because he was failing the course, but it wasn't like he wasn't doing well in his other classes. It was a requirement if he wanted to stay on the football team.

"Perfect score as always." Nova Aldred, Evan's girlfriend, said smugly as she scanned her paper with disinterest. Nova knew her score would be perfect since not only was she one of the smartest girls in school but because she was just naturally good at everything she did. She flipped her wavy black and honey-colored hair over her shoulder, her eyes gazing upon her boyfriend's expectantly. He looked away, not being able to look at her in the eyes, rolling his shoulders awkwardly as he stuffed the cursed paper into his bag. From the glance he had gotten at it, the teacher had written a small message.

See me after class.

She would inevitably confront him about his grade and warn him that if he didn't get it up, she would have to talk to his coach. Evan would get benched until he got it up, and if he didn't, he would get kicked off the team. Unfortunately, even insignificant classes like Mythology 101 were taken seriously enough to remove students from school activities. It was ridiculous, but Evan didn't make the rules. He was just forced to follow them.

"What did you get, babe?" Nova asked lightly, poking shoulder. Putting up a facade that he knew she would fall for, he gave her his signature charming smile that made her cheeks rosy.

"As if I would ever get anything below a ninety. C'mon, babe, what kind of question is that?" Leaning down, he pressed his lips to hers in a light kiss that made her grin widely. The scent of her perfume tickled his nose unpleasantly. It was rose-scented, a smell he utterly loathed with his entire being. It was chemically and artificial, and he could not for the life of him understand the appeal it had to his girlfriend. However, he wouldn't dare tell Nova her perfume gave him a headache. He liked living.

"Just making sure." She said, teasingly playing with a lock of blonde from his head. Batting her long lashes up to him, she gave him a suggestive look. "Wouldn't want my baby struggling with a class as easy as mythology. Like come on, this is kid stuff."