Forty-Seven: The Visitor

As expected, Nova and Zoraida had not been pleased when they had awakened the next day after the full moon

As expected, Nova and Zoraida had not been pleased when they had awakened the next day after the full moon. It had taken Cowen and Evan almost two hours to calm both she-wolves down to explain to them the situation. Midnight had gone inside to shower and sleep in Evan's bed after the werewolf convinced him that he could handle the circumstances by himself (with Cowen's help, of course, since he was the Alpha and responsible for everyone in the pack). Nova demanded to see Tempest, and Zoraida wanted to see her fathers, both of them essentially refusing to hear anything the Alpha tried to tell them. As much as he tried to help, Evan was distracted by an additional foreign presence attached to his spiritual being. He knew it was Zoraida based on the various emotions that didn't belong to him, like the anxiety and fear that was very reminiscent of last night right when she was going to transform for the first time.

    It wasn't overbearing to the point where he felt discomfiting but powerful enough for him to acknowledge. Zoraida kept meeting his eyes and then looking away, like looking at him made their connection too much for her, which, in all fairness, wasn't something he could fault her for. Evan had been exposed to this world much longer than she had, he already had a soul-binding connection with someone and had braced himself for another one. This was all a sensory overload for her and Nova, they needed space to process everything, so he quietly told them to shower and get dressed, and that he would take care of contacting Davorin and Tempest. Once they had calmed down and eaten something, he would try again to discuss the topic of the pack once more. Cowen stayed silent most of the interaction, only interjecting when he was needed, but for the most part, he let Evan control the situation. The Alpha didn't acknowledge the events that led up to Nova and Zoraida joining the pack because there was no need. He knew what Evan was and what he was destined to become, so it wasn't like his behavior caught him off guard.

    A few hours later, the four of them were in the kitchen where Cowen and Evan had once discussed the possibility of him joining the pack.

How things could change so quickly.    

"The two of you have two options," Cowen spoke in a calm and low voice, sitting across the she-wolves. "You can remain in the pack where you'll be assigned a rank and become part of our family, or you can leave the pack without any repercussions. Normally, when a wolf leaves a pack, it is so they can become a lone wolf or a rogue or even join another pack, though none of those options will be applied to you given the special circumstances."