Thirty-Seven: Bloodlines

"Let me paraphrase everything you just told me back to you so you can get a clear understanding of how I'm interpreting all the information

"Let me paraphrase everything you just told me back to you so you can get a clear understanding of how I'm interpreting all the information. You not only established your territory here in Rikone, where now every single werewolf that steps foot in Veniko will know your exact location at all times, which includes the Elders who want you dead. You were approached by Alekséy Volkov's pack and fought one of their pack members, which was how you got your head injury to prove your strength and capabilities. In the end, you were victorious, and their current alpha not only offered you a spot in the pack but was also gracious enough to warn you about other potential threats that will undoubtedly be coming your way. Did I comprehend this information all correctly, or did I miss something?" Midnight sat in his office at the manor that was twice as luxurious as the one he had back at the cabin, but Evan knew that deep down, the goth preferred the cabin's solely because it was smaller and he was more familiar with it.

To the left side of the wall, there was a massive bookcase that Evan suspected had a secret passage it was built to hide and on the other were shelves that contained various artifacts that in structure appeared to be varying from different cultures, which didn't surprise him considering that the Alexaviers have traveled all over the globe. The desk was black and made out of a strong wood that Evan didn't recognize, but it was carved and sanded down to perfection to fit the peculiar aesthetic of the Alexaviers. While the desk back in the cabin's office was usually filled with documents and other items Midnight would need and couldn't be bothered to put away when he would require its presence in mere a few minutes, the black desk was shockingly vacant with the exception of Midnight's phone and computer. Evan sat in one of the black and blue velvet chairs placed in front of the desk, rubbing the back of his neck while slowly nodding along with everything Midnight had been saying and waiting for the lecture to come about how irresponsible he had been, but it never came.

Glancing hesitantly at his mate, the blonde shifted in his seat uncomfortably at the blank stare he was receiving. "Before you get more upset than you probably are, I would like to remind you that you're dealing with one of the most dangerous men in your profession that has a personal vendetta against you, and I'm not foaming at the mouth with rage."