Twenty-Seven: The Daughter Of Corvina

Tempest

Tempest.

Midnight's sister.

Evan didn't know how Midnight would take the news or if he even cared. That certainly hadn't expected that to be her answer when he pressured her into revealing the identity of the person who she had been unfaithful to him with. He hadn't even known that Nova had been attracted to women, and according to her, she only found Tempest to be attractive. At first, he thought she had been lying, saying the witch's name as a cruel joke to get back at him for saying Midnight's name, then he realized that Nova was petty, but she wasn't petty enough to do something like that. Then he remembered he had also been secretly attracted to the same gender. After the revelation, it had also occurred to him that Nova hadn't seemed too surprised, or at all for that matter, that he'd been with a man. It brought up a whole nother wave of unanswered questions he would probably not get answered any time soon considering that just before Nova left, they agreed to give each other some space before even contemplating the possibility of being acquaintances.

He sat in his car, parked a few miles away from the cabin, just staring into the dark trees with a pensive look on his face. He had been sitting there for the past half-hour trying to figure out what to do when he finally did go back to the cabin. Midnight had been calling him for hours and sent him countless messages, but he wasn't ready to talk to him yet or anybody for that matter. Evan needed a moment to arrange his thoughts and all the information that had been given to him. For the first time in three years, Evan was finally single, and not only that, he had finally accepted the fact that he was sexually attracted to men. The thought brought tears of disbelief into his eyes as he let out a small sob. There was nothing holding him back from being who he wanted to be, and that made him cry even harder. He gripped the steering wheel to keep himself grounded. Obviously, Evan had a long way to go in his journey, but all the difficult steps were finally taken, even if it had been the werewolf venom pushing him in that direction, it didn't matter to him. He was terrified yet excited by the changes that would be coming his way, and thankfully he wouldn't have to go through them alone. Eventually, he stopped crying and gathered his composure before picking up his phone to answer his phone when he saw Midnight's name pop again on his screen.