Forty-One: The Fall of Rome

The man nervously sweated as he knocked on the door

After receiving a mysterious phone call from an unknown number, he knew nothing good would come out of it, and he was indeed correct.

    Obsidian Alexavier had called them to inform them that the Alexaviers were temporarily out of commission and that Midnight Alexavier was on the verge of death but astonishingly that was the least compelling portion of the information he had to offer. Allegedly, the outcast Alexavier had information regarding Úlfhéðinn's heir but would only share it with Lezabel, the She-Alpha of their pack.

"Come in." She called out. Upon entering he saw her sitting behind her desk, looking at some documents in her hand with mild interest. Her dark eyes briefly glanced at him before returning to the papers. "What is it?"

    He licked his dry lips before answering. "It's Obsidian Alexavier, he wants to give you information about Úlfhéðinn's heir."

    Suddenly her mediocre interest in the documents blossomed into something dangerous as she regarded the shaking man standing in the middle of her luxurious office. Without speaking a word, she held her hand out to take the phone from him, which he quickly handed to her, knowing there'd be consequences if he hesitated. Placing the papers onto the desk carelessly, she held the device up to her phone, dark eyes never leaving the trembling man. "This is Alpha Argyris speaking, who is this?"

    "Obsidian Alexavier, I have some information on Úlfhéðinn's heir, as I have no doubt that your secretary already informed you." The man on the line sounded confident, very confident in not only his information but that Lezabel, above anyone else, would be the most intrigued by it, and that gave him the upper hand. "I know where they are and, more importantly, who they are."

    "And pray to tell, how did you come across this information or better yet, why are you telling me? You aren't exactly known to be fond of my kind." She questioned, raising an eyebrow even though he couldn't see her.

    "I'm not, but the boy stands in the way of my plans, he's strong and is the only one capable of setting my plans back after years of planning. I doubt that you would want him to get any more powerful than he already is, considering he already killed an Elder." Lezabel and the man's eyes met, they had both heard that one of the Elders had been killed though had not known by whom but now they did. Obsidian chuckled as if he could visually picture the facial expressions they were making through the phone. "Yes, he isn't even a year old and managed to take down an Elder. If that's not enough proof of that, then perhaps this will confirm it for you. Kindra Lodbrok is his mother, or Katherine Rue, as she is more commonly known in this century."