Forty-Nine: Reunion

In a world where magic thrived in the shadows, death wasn't as permanent as humans thought

In a world where magic thrived in the shadows, death wasn't as permanent as humans thought. There were ways to make it back to the land of the living. Sometimes, there were people who refused to let go, needing a particular individual to come back for whatever reason, those were the most detrimental people, for they did not fear creating an imbalance in the equilibrium.

Obsidian Alexavier was clinically dead, killed by his nephew, and left to rot amongst the rubble of the demolished church.

Later, when the Commander ordered for his body to be found, it was gone, as was any trace of him as if Obsidian had never been there to begin with. Impossible, considering they'd all seen Midnight kill his uncle. The Commander ordered his men to search the entire state but the rogue Alexaviers body needed to be found immediately. The Vatican would require all the evidence they could be provided with and a full autopsy report of Obsidian's body along with a retelling. All things the Commander was responsible for and the man had a reputation to uphold.

No one had seen them from the shadows, doing their Mistresses's bidding, retrieving the body like she had ordered them because the fight was not over yet, there was still a card to play and she needed to remove Midnight Alexavier off the playing field urgently. He was interfering with her plans, plans she was working on for centuries just for them to be foiled by a boy who hadn't even been alive for two decades. It was an insult to her capabilities and she would not see all of her efforts go to waste. She managed to get rid of Obsidian's children though there is still one out there that mysteriously accomplished avoiding her and her servants. If she had the time, the witch would focus all of her efforts in ending the Alexavier bloodline, they were too powerful and influential, always sticking their noses in other people's business. Corvus had done more damage than she had expected, unluckily on his part, he was torn apart by his nephew's werewolf mate.

Evader Rue.

Now there was someone who she hadn't expected, then again she hadn't expected her ancestor either. Someone strong enough to defy her and her magic. The Alpha-king was one of the very werewolves she couldn't control, like he had become something else entirely when he opened Fenrir's Cage.