Chapter 27

If you want to support me. Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 27

***
"Sokka, thank you for saving my father!"

"Young man, if you need help, don't forget to call us."

"When this is all over, let's get a drink!"

Sokka smiled at the people waving at them as he, Aang, and Katara were on Appa. He had freed the people and given them the will to keep fighting, even in a desperate situation. Now, even if they were in a desperate situation, where bending was unavailable, these people wouldn't give up. 

These people that had once had their will and pride broken, now had unbreakable willpower.

Sokka waved at the people and smiled. "Let's get some drinks together when this is all over."

The men who he had freed looked at him with surprise before they all smiled. Haru's father, the man who was the leader of the earthbenders, came forward and clasped his hands in respect. "Sokka, this village will never forget what you have done. If you ever need help, don't forget to call us."

Sokka nodded, a small smirk on his face as Appa's tail swiped off the ground, and with an order from Aang, it glazed into the air.

'One day, soon, you guys will be called to war. So don't forget what I have done for you today.' – thought Sokka, before he turned around and gazed at the clouds. "Just a little bit more…"

***
Aang and the rest of the crew were flying on Appa's back when they noticed something strange below them. It was like a dark scar in one of the mountains, but looking closer, one could see that it was just a burned forest.

The beautiful trees that surrounded the burned sight only brought to the surface just how beautiful of a place it could have been.

"Should we visit that place?" Aang asked Sokka, who was now the unofficial leader of the group.

By now, Aang knew that he couldn't act recklessly, so he had to have Sokka's help with these things. The oldest amongst them knew how to handle these things and never did things that would be unnecessarily dangerous.

"Yes," Sokka nodded. "Let's go down there, if it's nothing of note we can quickly get back on Appa if everything is okay."

In reality, Sokka remembered this incident as well and how a spirit would appear. So he didn't plan to interfere too much. But, he wanted to try and use this to enter the Spirit World. 

Recently he got information through the Gocha that there was a cursed spear that would turn their user mad in the Spirit World. Raising stats naturally would be hard as he didn't have a place with time dilation, also he didn't have time to train stats as the return was not worth it. Rather, if he trained his skills, it would have better returns in fighting power.

Maybe after this war was over, he could train his stats. But right now, the best he could hope was that his stats increased while he was training his skills.

Having a strong item could temporarily cover that weakness, at least until the war is over. The [Sky Piercer Spear] was good, but Sokka hoped that the Cursed Spear was better since it had such an elaborate description.

[Due to planning ahead, Intelligence increased by 2] 

Sokka dismissed the notification as Appa landed on the ground. His haze was like that of a hawk as he observed everything around. 

'A burned forest, this isn't anything too big in my last world. But Aang will probably blame himself for it, he always assumed too many duties as the Avatar.' – pondered Sokka, and just as he predicted, Aang blamed himself for all of this. Katara reassured the young man that the forest would grow again and pointed towards the acorns on the ground.