Chapter 65: Banquet & Princess

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 65: Banquet & Princess

***
The real Avatar's arrival spread like wildfire throughout the Northern Water Tribe and hosted a feast for him. Though the grand feast was also made to celebrate the 16th birthday of Princess Yue.

The banquet was held at the big palace, and Sokka was attending too. Aang and Katara looked at him strangely, because even though he wasn't supposed to know how to act cordially. Sokka seemed to strangely be in his element.

"So you are the Avatar's companion?" Asked Arnook, smiling at the young man. The Tribe Chieftain had drunk a little and loosened up. "Today is a glorious day for our tribe, to have the Avatar amongst us."

Sokka nodded. "Of course, I am happy too. Though from what we have seen the Northern Water Tribe won't be safe for long."

Immediately, the happy and glamorous atmosphere during the banquet quieted down. Sokka smiled and wondered if he had some talent in running everyone's mood.  

"Why might that be so?" Inquired Arnook, as his eyes settled on him like a hawk.

"They want the Avatar dead," Sokka clarified, taking a cut of tea and gulping it down in one swing. He never liked alcohol too much, even in his first life, so at this party, he only drank tea. Though he drank it as if it was a shot of whisky, most people here thought he was drinking alcohol. "After the airbending Avatar dies, do you know where the cycle leads next? Water. It's safe to assume that it won't be long before they attack."

Arnook nodded and sighed. "You are probably right. But if they attack, we will be prepared to fight against them."

'Right, and you have no idea how they fight for the last hundred years or what ships they even use. You might mean those words you say, Chieftain, but to me they are empty.'

Sokka didn't trust Arnook's judgment. But decided not to voice his opinion out loud, and just gave a toast, with a small smile on his face. "Then let's hope that when they are here. We can fight together, as a group."

Trying to fend off the Chieftain with words would be useless. Sokka knew that, to them, he was just a snot-nosed brat from what they considered a savage and backward tribe. 

**
The feast went on and Sokka was back to being in the background, letting Aang stand in the spotlight. 

His gaze settled on the chieftain for a split second before he looked away. Technically, Arnook was the one in charge of the Southern Water Tribe too. 

But Sokka would never let someone else, an outsider, rule his lands. Spending a hundred years apart, without contact, no one in the Southern Water Tribe would accept someone who will come and say that they will now rule them, after abandoning them for a hundred years. 

Titles don't give you the power to rule over someone, only of it, like a shadow on the wall. 

Sokka would make sure that no one obstructed his way to the Chieftain of the Southern Water Tribe.

He glanced at Yue and smiled, though she wasn't looking at him.

***
-Sokka POV-

What's the best way to sway the opinion of a leader who has to listen to his people's complaints and work based on them? Well, charm his daughter and have her put that idea in his mind.

Yue had quite an exotic look, with blue eyes, silver hair, and light caramel skin. She would become a beauty, no doubt. Will I be able to get on her good side? Who knows, sometimes feelings aren't logical, so they can't be calculated. But the first step was important, and that was talking to her.