𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙠

I wasn't planning to have finished it by now, because I threw a New Years party for my cousins and family but they all ditched 5 minutes in, so I ended up with some free time

Enjoy <3
—-

Hiccup was lying on the couch, his head propped up by the arm rest. He was quietly reading a book and stroking Astrid hair. She was lying face down in between his legs. She had fallen asleep a while ago. Her head was turned towards the back of the couch, rather than facing the rest of the room.

Stoick pushed the door open, the first thing he saw was the young couple. He was proud of his son, always being such a gentleman.

"Hey dad." Hiccups attention turned from his book to his father. Astrid stayed asleep.

"Hey son." He greeted back. "We need to talk." Stoick sat down in a chair facing Hiccup. "It's about," Stoick gestured to Him and Astrid.

"Sure, what is it dad?" Hiccup asked cautiously.

"Well I've been gettin' some complaints." He started. "And I've been given some suggestions by some of the older Vikings, and I thought I'd tell you what they have to say." Hiccup nodded for his father to go on. "Well their biggest issue is that, you aren't married, and they are worried that you'll end up not being able to help yourselves if you 'keep going this way' and end up breaking the rules that unmarried couples must follow."

"What do you mean by 'keep going the way we are?'" Hiccup asked, resting his arms around Astrids waist in a hug type fashion.

"Well it's the little things." Stoick started, trying to think of a good way to phrase it. "Let's start off with your hips, the elders believe your hips shouldn't be touching, they think it's a good way to set boundaries, and avoid temptation." He stated. He could see his son looked confused. "Like right now, your hips are touching."

"So I shouldn't let my girlfriend be comfortable while she sleeps?" Hiccup asked skeptically.

"You know what I mean son." Stoick gave him a blank look. "Besides we've never talked about what you and Astrid....do." Stoick prompted.

"'The talk'? Really dad?" Hiccup raised an eyebrow. Hiccup placed his book, open, on the ground to keep the page and wrapped his arms around Astrid waist, in a hug-type way. He knew this conversation wasn't going to end soon.

"What would you like to know dad?" He sighed with a reassuring smile on his face. He knew his dad was just protective.

"Well, ok.. when ya were on the edge. Did ya's ever do anything?" Stoick asked. "Considering the Berk rules don't apply outside of the archipelago." Stoick continued.

"Well, we shared a bed." Hiccup suggested. He wasn't sure how much detail he wanted to give his father.

"And you'd just lie in bed and go to sleep huh?" Stoick asked skeptically.

"Yup." Hiccup said, very obviously lying. "We'd cuddle," he blushed. Stoick sat waiting for him to go on. "and kiss." He mumbled.

Stoick raised an eye brow. Hiccup moved on of his hands to rest on Astrid shoulder blade, his other arm resting loosely around her waist still.

"Mabye we would kiss a little bit but-"

"You say that as if you don't still kiss a lot." Stoick cut his son off. Hiccup blushed slightly.

"Did you break any Berk rules while on the edge?" Hiccup slightly grimaced. "It's ok son, you won't get in trouble, I'm just curious."

"Ok, so we broke a couple rules." He admitted. "But only the before-betrothal rules." He continued.

"Like what?"

" 'Like what?' " he chuckled nervously. "Like, sharing a bed, kissing on the lips..." Hiccup answered.

"Spit it out son."

"And hickeys.." he mumbled.

Stoick raised both eye brows, in an attempt to not look too shocked.

Hiccup removed his hand from Astrids shoulder and gently pulled down a bit of her tunic covering her shoulder to reveal a couple of hickeys. There were more but Hiccup had shocked his father enough.

Hiccup let the fabric cover his betrothed's shoulder again.

"Just-just make sure you are being safe." Stoick suggested.

"Yes, yes, ok dad." Hiccup avoided eye contact with his father.

Silence filled the room. "Oh! No! Dad, we haven't," Hiccup answered his fathers silent question.

"Uh, yes just makin' sure!" He stuttered as he stood up, hitting his head on a crossbar on the roof. "Well I've got some, uhh chiefing.....stuff." He said while fixing his helmet and exiting the Haddock hut.

Hiccup quietly chuckled after his father had left the house.

"Wow." Astrid remarked.

"You were awake!?" He scoffed. "That's eves dropping."

"Yeah but I was a pretty big topic in that." She leaned in an softly pressed her lips against his.

He chuckled at her and picked his book back up.

"I love you Hiccup Haddock." Astrid relaxed into her boyfriends arms.

"I love you, Astrid Hofferson." He replied, kissing the top of her head before turning his attanetion back to his book.

—-

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM AUSTRALIA!!!