𝙄𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙩

Astrid sat on the couch, awaiting her boyfriends arrival. He was usually home by now, but sometimes he got caught up being Hiccup.

"Still no sign of him lass?" Stoick asked. Astrid shook her head. "He probably just got distracted with some new dragon." Stoick dismissed. Astrid chuckled lightly.

She hadn't seen him all day and was so excited to see him at the end of the day.

-

Fianally, her betrothed walked through the door.

Astrid ran up to Hiccup and hugged him. She wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Wow, hi nice to see you too Milady." He chuckled, silently wincing.

"Hey son." Stoick patted his son on the back.

"Where have you been?" Astrid asked.

"At Gothis." He answered, gently placing his girlfriend back on the floor. He noticed her look, one he got a lot, especially from her. It seemed to resemble her asking 'what did you do this time?'  "It's nothing bad babe, don't worry." He chuckled.

"It better not be." She hissed.

"What's for dinner?" He asked.

"Your father and I," she paused for emphasis. "Had potatoes and fish." She answered. "There's some left on the table." She offered.

"Thank you." He kissed her on the top of her head.

Hiccup sat at the table by himself, eating his cold dinner and reading a book while Astrid got ready for bed upstairs.

He was eating a bite of potatoes when he started coughing like crazy. He coughed into his elbow, eventually coughing some of the potato and a few drops of blood up.

"Aww gross." He whispered, walking to the sink.

He made his way up to his bedroom and got himself ready for bed.

He had just pulled his tunic off when he heard his betrothed, "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third!" He turned around, frozen in fright to look at his girlfriend. She never used his full name. He knew he was fucked when she did that.

"Yes?" He asked quietly as she walked up to him.

"You said it was nothing!" She gestured to his torso, which was wrapped securely in bandages and also to his lower arm which was wrapped the same.

"Okay! So Toothless and I may have crashed! And I may have dislocated a rib and I MAY have bruised my ulna! But it's not that bad babe." He assured her while also very unassuring her.

"What!?" she stood there, gobsmacked.

"And I may be coughing up blood." He added quietly.

She burried her face in her hands, desperately trying not to slap her already injured boyfriend.

"Hiccup..." she whispered.

"Yes?" He asked innocently.

"There are so many boys our age on Berk." She stated.

"That would be correct Milady." He smiled.

"And out of ALL of them, for some reason, I just had to pick the one that finds pleasure in very nearly killing himself." She sighed, frustrated.

"You sure did." He smirked, placing a hand on each of her hips. He leaned down and kissed her.

"You know that I'm mad at you right now, right?" She asked.

"I'm aware." He kissed her forehead.

She rolled her eyes. "Just get in bed." He smiled at her and she followed her dumb betrothed into bed.

"I guess sleeping on your chest is out of the picture?" She assumed.

"Yeah, probably." He scrunched up his nose.

She gently kissed his lips. "I love you, goodnight." She kissed him again.

"I love you too." He smiled.

Astrid rolled over. Suddenly, she felt an arm around her, and a familiar- well bandaged but familiar- chest against her back.

The couple fell asleep peacefully.

Astrid woke up in the middle of the night. Hiccups arm was no longer around her waist. She rolled over to see him, but he wasn't there.

She looked around the room, no one.

She cracked open the bedroom door and heard coughing.

"That fucking dumbass, constantly trying to get himself killed. Well you know what? One day he's actually gonna succeed." She muttered angrily to herself as she searched the room for a shirt.

Eventually she made her way downstairs to see Hiccup leaning over a sink.

He leant on his elbows, every now and again he would lift his head and run his hands through his hair, breathing shakily. He was careful not to breathe too deep and trigger more coughing, because it was safe to say, it didn't feel nice.

"Hey," Astrid spoke softly, approaching the man.

"Hey." He greeted. His voice was raspy and sounded painful. She could tell by his face, and his voice he had been up a while and was tired.

She could hear his breathing, it sounded painful, like he was breathing in sand.

She ran her hand through his hair.

Suddenly, he turned to face the sink again. He tried to keep his mouth shut while he was coughing so blood didn't splatter everywhere.

After a short coughing fit he spat out nearly a mouthful of blood.

"Oh baby!" Astrid was shocked at the volume of blood and could only guess how much that would hurt.

Suddenly, Stoick walked out of his room, he looked weird wearing casual clothes instead of his cheifing clothes.

He made eye contact with Astrid, as Hiccup leant breathlessly over the sink.

"Son I think we need to go back to Gothi." Stoick said firmly.

"No!" He waved his hands about dismissively. "She's sleeping." He reasoned.

"Babe, you're coughing up enough blood to fuel a small child!" Astrid responded.

Just as he was about to look up at his girlfriend he felt that familiar tickle in the back of his throat.

This time when he spat the blood out, Stoick saw.

"Son it looks like you've been in a boxing match!" He exclaimed. You're going to Gothi!" He demanded.

"I'll wake up the entire village with my coughing! Her house is on the opposite side of the island!" He explained.

"Then we'll bring her to you." Astrid shrugged.

Stoick nodded. Hiccup sighed, defeated, knowing he wouldn't win this one.

The End

Jk there will be a part 2