Revenge

Sorry in advance
Takes place on the edge
Word count: 2.2k

Enjoy (maybe)

——

"Oh my Thor that was a long day." Astrid chuckled, pinning her hair up for the night. She walked towards her boyfriend, stopping just in front of him.

Terrible terrors shouted across the edge, other small dragons taking away from any quiet on the edge.

"Well M'lady, we live on an isolated island with the twins and snotlout." He tucked a stray hair behind her dad with one hand and took her hand in his in the other. "Not sure what else we expected." He rested his forehead against hers.

Her eyes drifted from his to his lips, his did the same. She used her spare hand to tilt his jaw towards her, both of them smiling into the kiss.

Her other hand left his and came to rest on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We were such dumb teenagers to think moving everyone out here would be easy." He whispered as they parted.

"It's easier with you here. We would be nothing if not for you." She ran her thumb along his jawline.

She looked lovingly into his eyes, a look he returned. Until he suddenly seemed to be looking at nothing, as if he was looking right through her. This was accompanied by a small grunt, the type you make when you wind yourself. She immediately felt all of his body weight fall into her.

Astrid staggered back as to not drop him. As she glanced around she noticed an arrow sticking out of his left shoulder.

"Hiccup!?" She panicked, but not response.

She needed help. No one would hear her screams. She needed Fishlegs.

Astrid laid her unconscious betrothed on his bed and sprinted to Fishlegs hut, pounding on the door. "Fishlegs! Get your fucking ass out here now!" She called.

A minute later he opened the door. "What!? What's wrong?" He asked, knowing she wouldn't wake him unless it was an emergency.

"Hiccup," she breathed out. "He was shot!"

Without anymore explanation Fishlegs started running. The burst through the door to Hiccups hut.

Astrid ran up the stairs, trailed closely by Fishlegs, only to stop dead once she reached the top.

"What? Why'd you-" Fishlegs questioned the sudden stop before peeking over her shoulder.

He wasn't there. His sheets were stained blood red, but there was no Hiccup. Fuck.

"How could I be so fucking stupid!?" Astrid asked herself. "Someone had to be there to shoot him! Obviously they would still be there!" She held her head in her hands.

Fishlegs tried to comfort her but to no avail.

Gothi and Stoik were on their way from Berk. They would be followed by the Berk guard. Snotlout and the twins had been deployed already to search the island for any sign of a ship. Astrid was advised to stay back with Fishlegs. She would debrief Stoik and Gothi when they got there.

Astrid walked back to Hiccups hut. It should be pitch black, but all of the big torches has been lit and she would see dragon fire on the far side of the island. She walked up to his bed. There was something she hadn't noticed last time. A note.

She picked it up and read it. It simply stated in messy handwriting:

'I win.'

She scrunched up the note and left the room, it stunk of dried blood.