𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙥

This is gonna be a long one, do you guys prefer short or long one shots? Please let me know!
3.2k words

"Is everyone ready to go? We have a long ride ahead of us, and we will be staying the full 3 days." Hiccup stood in front of a group of eager teens. The gang had been training new dragon riders.

There was Gustavs group- 17 year olds
The next group- 15 year olds
And the youngest, and least experienced group were the 13 year olds

They were all going on a training camp to the Edge.

The aim of the camp was to test and train the kids abilities in an unfamiliar environment, while still being in a safe and controlled environment.

"Ok! Everyone has been sorted into groups based off their ability. Each group will have two commanders, if you have a problem with your group you can bring it up with me." Hiccup stated.

"The first group will be lead by Snotlout and I." Fishlegs held a piece of parchment with names written on it. He read out the names of five Vikings. They had the youngest group.

"The next lucky people will be in our group!" Announced Ruff. She read out three names, they had the smallest group, in hopes of also having minimal casualties.

"And the remaining trainees are with us." Astrid called. Hiccup and Astrid obviously had the most experienced riders.

Everyone started the flight.

"Why don't you look exited Snotlout?" Asked Gustav.

"Because of those two." He gestured towards Hiccup and Astrid.

"Do they get even more strict!?" Gustav pleaded anything but them being more strict, especially since he was in their group.

"No! It's the opposite!" Gustav let out a breath. "Because they aren't on Berk they don't have to follow those rules, and they turn into a married couple." He whined.

"So it's gonna be like going on camp with mum and dad?" Gustav summed up. Snotlout mumbled and nodded.

Eventually everyone landed on the edge, they set up camp on the opposite side to where their old base was set up, to give a wilderness feel to their excursion. But their base was still set up in case anything goes wrong.

Everyone was quite tired after the long flight and Hiccup suggested that they all set up their tents and get ready for bed.

Hiccup started setting up his and Astrids tent as she started making a fire for everyone to gather around, to keep warm.

Everyone sat around the fire, roasting fish for their dinner.

The fire slowly died down and people started going to sleep.

Hiccup had been confronted by two parents before they left. The families asked that an eye was kept on their kids as apparently Hiccup and Astrid weren't the only couple planning to take advantage of the lack of rules on the Edge.

It was two kids in their group, so it would be easy to keep an eye on them. Reuel and Myra.

Just before Hiccup entered his tent to sleep, he counted how many tents were up, just so he was sure that they weren't missing a bunch of people.

"17 tents" Hiccup told Astrid.

"But there's twenty of us." Astrid said with a little bit of panic.

"Yes, but we are sharing a tent, which brings us down to 19, the twins are inseparable, 18 and..." he waited for Astrid to catch on.

"Reuel and Myra." She added.