𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛

Set on Berk and just before Httyd 2
Just fluff

It had been a cold day on Berk, Hiccup was in his room reading a book.

He wasn't under the furs because he knew he still needed to have a bath but was putting it off.

He heard a door open downstairs. 'Probably just villagers complaining to dad' he dismissed.

"Hiccup?" It was Astrid, a pleasant surprise. She slowly pushed his door open. She smiled when she saw him and gently closed the door behind her.

Astrid found her way to the bed and lied down between his legs, her face resting on his chest.

Hiccup folded the top right corner of his book and placed it beside him.

"Long day?" He asked sweetly and he started stroking her hair.

"Mmhmm." She replied. She found Hiccup so soothing, everything he did. He somehow always knew exactly what to do. She snuggled into his chest trying not to shiver from the cold.

"You look tired," he commented. "and cold." He added. "Come on, let's get you into the bath."

"Mmm, but your comfy." She whined.

"I'll wash your hair." He bargained. Astrid raised her head from his chest and looked at him with tired eyes. A cute smile formed on her face.

"Mmok." She agreed. She sat up onto her knees still infront of him. He sat up and took her hand. Just before standing up he placed a sweet, lingering kiss on her lips which she returned.

(In the nice warm bath)

Astrid sat infront of Hiccup. The water came up to the middle of her ribs, for Hiccup (being that bit taller) the water made it to his lowest rib.

He used the soap to wash her hair (I doubt they had shampoo)

He gently massaged her head at the same time. He had noticed her hair had grown since he had first washed her hair.

He ran the soap all the way down to the tips of her hair. He always knew how to take good care of her hair because of how well he took care of his own hair.

"Rinse." Hiccup instructed as Astrid slid forward and submerged the back of her head into the water.

When she resurfaced she slid back it the bath to lean against Hiccups chest. She exhaled deeply, slightly sinking into the water.

Hiccups hands slid around her bare waist and pulled her close. She leaned her head back and he rested his head on top of hers.

"I love you." She murmured.
"I love you too." He replied, running his fingertips up one of her arms.

They continued to relax in the nice warm bath, talking about their day, until the bath water had cooled to room temperature and Astrid had almost fallen asleep.

"You go dry off and get warm in bed." Hiccup instructed. "I'll empty the bath." (I'm gonna be honest idk how the water got there, considering the lack of plumbing and stuff so idk how he got rid of it but he did.)

Astrid did as told.

After Hiccup had emptied the bath he dropped the towel and got dressed. "Babe?" He yelled out. "Have you seen my tunic?" He asked, peeking out of the bath room. "Never mind." Astrid was sitting on the bed, with his tunic on. "I found it." He deadpanned.

Eventually they both made it to bed.

Hiccup laid down on his back (still shirtless bc Astrid wins every argument)

Astrid cuddled up to his side, using his chest as a pillow and tangling their legs together.

"Will you stop moving?" Hiccup chuckled.

"No." Astrid answered before cuddling closer to him. "If you think about it, this is all your fault."

"How is your inability to stop moving, my fault?" He scoffed.

"Because your so damn comfy." She sighed. Just as Astrid went to roll over she felt a strong arm around her, stopping her from moving." His hand gripping her side tightly, not painfully just tightly.

"Nope, you're not moving anymore." He tightened his grip around her.

"It worked." She whispered.

"What did?"

"Whenever I don't stop moving you put your arm around me and pull me closer, you're like a second blanket." She answered, relaxing into his grip.

"You could have just asked." He chuckled, but when he looked down, Astrid had already fallen into a peaceful slumber.