𝙒𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜

This ones a bit short but I think it's cute.
I feel like every Hiccstrid writer has done one of these, so I finally did one.

Enjoy <3

Hiccup and Astrid sat at the Haddock dinner table. They waited silently for Stoick to return.

"Do you think your dad is going to be ok with it?" Astrid asked, biting her bottom lip nervously.

Hiccup placed a gentle hand on her thigh. "It'll be fine." He smiled.

Suddenly Stoick burst into his hut, he jumped, not expecting to see the couple, well..he didn't know they were a- you know what I mean.

Hiccup quickly retracted his hand from Astrids leg.

"Dad," hiccup stood up "we need to talk to you." He gestured to Stoicks chair.

Stoick cautiously sat down, not taking his eyes off the pair.

"So, dad," Hiccup started. He looked at Astrid then back at his father. "Astrid and I are...dating." He said.

"How long?" Stoick lifted his chin slightly but kept his focus the same.

"Uhh, half a moon cycle?" Astrid answered.

"And you didn't tell me until now?" Stoick questioned.

"Uhh, we didn't have time to visit Berk until now!" Hiccup stammered.

"And neither of you asked for parental permission before dating I assume?" He grumbled.

"Wha- uhh..no?" Astrid answered.

Hiccup and Astrid sat in shocked silence. Stoick huffing angrily, standing tense, over the table.

After what felt like an eternity, suddenly Stoick completely relaxed and burst out laughing, Hiccup and Astrid sat still, in even more shock.

"Hahaha..what?" Hiccup chuckled.

"I was waitin' for this!" He slammed his hands on the table joyfully. "Ya took your time! Didn't ya's!?" He said- loudly.

"Hahaha" Hiccup laughed awkwardly. "You were?" He asked.

Before anymore questions could be asked, the couple were engulfed in a hug by two, extremely, strong arms.

"GRANDBABIES!!!"