𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩

All of Berk stood on the edge of a grassy cliff. Realization setting in for Hiccup, Astrid pushed the truth away, trying to think of another way to do this.

The young cheif turned to his soon to be wife. He took a deep breath. He looked her over, taking in her beauty through his tears.

"Astrid..." he started.

"Don't say it." She avoided his eye contact.

Hiccup took a step closer to her, taking both her hands in his. She raised her head to look him in the eyes.

If there was anything she ever wanted to say to him or ask him, this was her last chance.

"Hiccup," her voice trembled. "I love you." Was all she could get out. Tears that could not be stopped trickled down her cheeks.

Hiccup lifted her chin with his finger and kissed her deeply. She just wanted to be close to him.

The past five years played in her head like a movie.

The teasing, the flirting, the first kiss, the first sleepover,the inside jokes. Everything.

They slowly separated. They pressed their foreheads together. "But you're only 21! Why do you have to go?" Astrid whispered, he placed his hands on her cheeks, she rested hers on either side of his neck.

"I love you too." He replied, unable to give her an answer to her question.

Hiccups hands slid from her face. He slowly walked out of her arms reach. He looked her over one last time. A cute smile playing at his lips.

"Gods I got so lucky with you." He whispered just loud enough for her to hear.

Hiccup turned around to face the ship nearing Berk. He mounted Toothless who started running to the edge of the cliff at full speed, before leaping off and opening his wings.

Astrid couldn't bare to watch it go down, so she stayed a safe distance from the edge.

BOOM!

The smoke from an explosion could be seen over the horizon.

He was gone. They were gone.

——

Cheif Snotlout and Astrid stood at the docks, waiting for a ship to come into port.

For a while Berk was getting concerned that there would be no heir. Everyone knew that Snotlout was not planning on having children, and Hiccup was gone. Which meant there was no heir.

A month and half after the loss of Hiccup, Astrid found out the she had fallen pregnant.

Most of the village shunned her, claiming that she 'cheated on Hiccup already'. That she moved on too quick. But Astrid continued to tell everyone that the baby was indeed Hiccups. No one believed her.

Until Zephyr was born.

She had her fathers auburn hair and artistic abilities. Valka commented that Hiccup was the same size when he was born.

Seeing Zephyr brought Astrid to tears, she looked so much like the man she loved.

Zephyr Haddock. Her fathers last name, despite the fact that Astrid and Hiccup never actually married.

-

The boat finally docked and a brown haired, tall boy walked off the boat and towards the cheif and general. (Valka was looking after Zephyr.)

"Greetings cheif Jorgensen, and miss..." the man asked.

"Haddock. Miss Haddock." She answered.

"That's weird." He muttered to himself.

"What's weird?" Astrid asked defensively.

"Well, I've just heard that name before." He answered. "Do you have a brother?" He asked.

"No..?" She answered hesitantly.

"Oh well the only other Haddock I remember was a Mr Haddock." He shook his head.

"Hiccup?" She asked breathlessly.

"Yeah! That was his name. He was very injured and he came to my village. He looked panicked so the local healer took him in. He was constantly asking for a 'Gothi' and an 'Astrid'" he paused to remeber. "But when we went to check on him the next day he was gone."

(Beck when the boat first docked)

"Hey sir!" Zephyr ran up to a younge man who looked around 25 who she had never seen before.

"Hi!" He greeted the five year old. He looked around trying to find the girls mother, it was dangerous for a young girl to be out and alone in a place like this. "Come here, can you take me to your mummy?" He asked sweetly.

She eagerly nodded. Zephyr had run away from Valka, she wanted to see her mum, or do something other than play boring old person games.

They had gone about five meters before Zephyr spoke up again. "My legs hurt!" She whined.

The random man chuckled in response. "Would you like me to carry you?" He asked. She nodded and he picked her up.

"What's your name?" He asked and Zephyr pointed in the direction of the docks, where her mum was greeting visitors.

"Zephyr!" She answered.

"That's a very pretty name! I've always liked that name." He smiled at the happy little girl. "Back when I was younger, my girlfriend and I were planning on naming our daughter that." He told her.

"What happened?" Zephyr questioned.

"Well, I lost her." He answers sadly.

"That's my mum!" Zephyr pointed at a lady standing next to Snotlout.

"That's your mum?" He questioned. He put Zephyr down and let her run to her mum. Staying a safe distance from the lady.

"Zephyr! How did you get here!?" Astrid asked as her daughter tugged at her leg.

"The nice man over there!" She pointed in the direction that she had came from.

Astrid looked up confused that some man had just carried her daughter to her instead of taking her back to Valka. Only to be met with the last person she expected to be standing there.

"Hiccup?" She ran up to him, stopping a short distance away from his and cautiously closed the distance.

"Who's Hiccup?"

A/N: sorry not sorry