𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙩.2

—————

*there is obviously swearing in this and sexual references but no sex. Also it has mature topics, such as depression and medication*

This is basically a part two to 'young man built to fall'

She starts off a bit sad, but trust the process.

Enjoy <3

Hiccup had taken the day off. It was their second day off now. And he somehow seemed worse. Astrid didn't know why. He was doing so well the day before, but sometimes this just happened. Sometimes it took him a while to get better, so she just had to be patient.

And she was.

Day 3: not looking better
Day 4: not looking better
Day 5: not looking better
Day 7: not looking better
Day 10: not looking better

Astrid had never seen him like this for so long. The last time he was this depressed for this long was after his dad died.

Astrid couldn't keep taking time off from the academy and asking Fishlegs to take over her for much longer, after all, Fishlegs had his own stuff to do.

But she couldn't just leave him home alone. Not like this.

-

Astrid was lying in bed, Hiccup head on her stomach.

"Hiccup?" She spoke softly.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I think we need to get you real help." She suggested. She hated to suggest this, she really did, but she had to.

"Ok."

This wasn't the response she was expecting. Usually he would fight back, or disagree. She was happy that he was agreeing to get help, but it concerned her in how out of character he was.

-

That night Valka returned home. Hiccup was sleeping and Astrid was in the kitchen, tapping a mug with her index finger.

"Hi dear." Valka greeted the young woman.

"Hi Valka." She replied, being pulled out of her thoughts.

Valka placed down her stuff, and sat down at the table, across from Astrid. "How is he?" Valka asked.

"Not good." She sighed.

"And how are you?" She asked.

Astrid had to think about this question for a moment, her thoughts had been completely on Hiccup these last few days, she never once stopped to think about herself.

"I'm just worried." She sighed. "He's not getting better, if anything, he's getting worse." She looked down at the table. "I'm just worried he'll end up doing something he'll regret, or, you know..." she let Valkas mind finish the answer.

"I do." She agreed.

"I think we need to get him real help." Astrid told Valka.

"We can take him to Gothi." Valka offered. They both knew Hiccup was unlikely to agree to this. Also because Gothi is terrifying. But apparently she was somewhat nice when it came to therapy.

Gothi the therapist.

The next day came around and Astrid and Valka forced Hiccup to talk to Gothi. He was stubborn, but frighteningly less stubborn than usual.

He spent a while talking to Gothi. About his trauma, coping skills and other relevant stuff.

After, Gothi talked/wrote to Valka and Astrid privately, explaining her options.