Field of Brains

"I can't believe you think Snuggle Squirrels One is better than Snuggle Squirrels Two." Dawn said to y/n as the five kids were sitting in the café at Get Sporty's.

"I agree with y/n. I just think the snuggling is more believable in the original." Nicky said. Y/n smiled and nodded.

"Exactly. He gets it." She replied.

"What about the third one? The Empire Snuggles Back." Dicky said. Nicky, y/n, and Dawn shook their heads.

"I'm not discussing this with any of you until you read the books." Ricky said annoyed.

"I've read them. They're good, but not better than the movie." Y/n replied. Ricky grunted.

"The books were first!" He yelled. But then their conversation got interrupted by Josie and her friend talking.

"No, no, no. The worst zombie movie ever is Zombabes."

"I know. So lame. Zombies aren't supposed to go to beach parties. . . or surf." The girls both started groaning and making surf moves. "Give me the classic. . . 'Must eat brains!' Rwar!" The girls both walked over to the kids, pretending to be zombies.

"Oh. Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this stuff in front of kids." Josie's friend said.

"Yeah." Josie replied.

"Who, us? Whaaaat?" Dawn said.

"We watch scary movies all the time. What else would we watch. . . Snuggle Squirrels?" Y/n said and laughed.

"Pfft!"

"Yeah."

"I'm a snuggle squirrel." Dawn patronized.

"Who are you to judge us?" Nicky asked.

"Then you must be really excited for tonight." Josie's friend said.

"Sure. Mom's meatloaf. She adds paprika. It's a winner." Nicky answered with a smile.

"She's talking about Field of Brains. . . The scariest classic zombie movie ever. It's on TV tonight." Josie explained. "Uncut. Unrated."

"And unbelievable scary!" Josie's friend added, scaring the kids in the process. "See you tonight."

"Uh. . . Obviously, we're watching Field of Brains tonight." Dawn said loudly so that Josie's friend could still hear her.

"Duh!" Y/n yelled.

"Guys! You don't have to pretend. We all know you're too young for scary movies. And by the way. . . The snuggle squirrels are adorable. Like you guys." She said and ruffled Dicky's hair. Then, she walked away.

"Did you hear that?" Dawn asked with a sad look on her face.

"Yeah. She called me adorable." Dicky replied with a big smile on his face. "Our, 'will they, won't they', tension is electric." Dawn and y/n lightly shook their heads.

"She called us too young. That is the worst type of young." Dawn stated.

"Yeah, that's what my cousin keeps saying every time I want to watch something with him. He's always watching scary movies. He's only two years older than me!" Y/n said angrily.

"Josie's right, though. We've never really seen a scary movie." Nicky said.

"Well, that ends tonight. We are watching Field of brains." Y/n said, and the others nodded.

They waited for Tom and Anne to be done with their sales-pitch, and went over to them.

"Wow. You guys are in a good mood." Dawn stated.