I Want Candace

"Next question: Besides the U.S., where else does superstar Candace Parker play professional basketball?" The DJ asked.

"Russia." Dawn answered.

"Correct. You're two questions away from winning the grand prize: lunch with Candace Parker."

Y/n was in the car with her uncle, aunt, and Damiano. They were on their way to Stephanie's parents' house, to visit them. Y/n was listening to the radio closely since she knew how important this quiz was to Dawn. She had to win.
(Stephanie is y/n's aunt)

"I'm ready. Hit me." Dawn said.

"How many brothers does Candace have?" The DJ asked.

"Three: Anthony, Marcus, and LT. Ba-boom!" Dawn replied. Y/n laughed and shook her head lightly.

"Wow, she does know a lot about Candace." Stephanie stated and turned her head to y/n in the back seat.

"Yeah, she's a super-fan."

"Whoa, you really are a fan." The DJ stated as well.

"Super-fan. Plus we have a lot in common. I also have brothers, and I'm pretty sure Candace knows how annoying they can be, always butting in my business." Dawn replied.

"Like I said." Y/n said and nodded her head. Her aunt chuckled and looked back out the window.

"Okay, Dawn, last question." The DJ announced, "What is Candace's favorite root vegetable?"

"Yes! The answer is, her-"

But then, the sound of Dawn's voice was interrupted by a crunching sound.

"I'm sorry, you're breaking up." The DJ stated.

"Dicky!" They could suddenly hear Nicky whine. Y/n frowned.

"Wait, are you guys on the phone?" Dawn asked. It was suddenly quiet for a second until Nicky interrupted it.

"Do you think she can hear us?" He whispered. Y/n closed her eyes and sighed.

"Hang up!" Dawn yelled. "All right, I got this one. The answer is-"

The sound was cut off and the radio was silent for a second.

"Dawn? Hello?" The DJ asked, but there was no response. "Okay, we'll be back to you after a short break." He announced, and then the ads came on. Y/n widened her eyes.

"Uh. . . Can you by any chance drop me off at the Harper house?" She asked her uncle.

"No, cara, we're on our way to our family. You can go to the Harpers tomorrow." (dear) Her uncle replied. Y/n sighed and leaned back into her seat. She knew this was gonna be the end of the Icky's. . .

****Insert Intro Music****

"Anybody sleep last night?" Nicky asked as he and his brothers were standing back to back on the stairs, turning around so they could see everything coming.

"I tried to with my eyes open, but it turns out that's just being awake." Dicky replied.

"As long as we stick together, we have nothing to fear." Ricky said.

But then Squishy ran down the stairs and barked when he passed the boys. It startled them and they jumped apart.

"Hiyah!"

Suddenly, the door opened. The boys screamed as y/n walked in. She frowned at them.

"Oh, it's just you." Ricky said.