Three Men and a y/n

Tom was recklessly pouring milk into the cereal bowls of the quads as he whistled. The quads and y/n watched him with frowns on their faces.

"Breakfast is served."

"That's not the way Mom does it." Nicky complained.

"There's too much milk in mine." Dicky criticized.

"And not enough in mine." Ricky whined.

"Mom usually puts fruit in our cereal." Dawn added.

Tom sighed and then hummed cheerfully, as he switched Dicky and Ricky's bowls. He then grabbed an apple and put it in Dawn's bowl.

"There. Just like Mom." Tom said with a smile on his face and leaned onto the counter. Y/n laughed.

"What am I glad I already had breakfast at my own house." She said and laughed.

The quads looked at her with angry expressions, and they all sighed annoyed.

"When is Mom coming back from Grandma's?" Dawn asked as she and the quads took their cereal bowls off the counter.

"Yeah, it's been weeks." Nicky complained. He and his brothers sat down at the table.

"I can't take it anymore." Dicky said.

"We're living like animals." Ricky added.

"Guys, I haven't even left yet." Anne said, who walked into the kitchen with a bag. "But don't worry, I'm only going to be gone for a few days."

"Why can't Grandma just come here?" Dawn asked.

"No!" Tom yelled. He then casually looked at Anne and laughed, "I mean, you already bought your bus ticket."

"I'm just so bummed I'm going to miss Assistant Week at school." Anne said, "You kids are going to have so much fun learning how the school works."

"Yeah, I got assigned to Principal Tarian. He's letting me do all the P.A announcements." Dawn said and held up her spoon as if it was a microphone, "Attention, cereal, please report to Dawn's mouth." She said and put the spoon in her mouth. Y/n laughed.

"I got assigned to Susan, the school nurse. So I guess I'm not just taking care of you four anymore." Y/n said and laughed. The others frowned at her. 
(Disclaimer: I have no idea if their school nurse is named Susan, I made that up)

"I get to assist Judy, the cafeteria lady. She gave me my own hairnet." Nicky said excitedly and showed them his hairnet.

"I'm assisting Mr. Ackerman, my math teacher. He's letting me teach class all by myself on Friday." Ricky said.

"Oh, honey, that's great." Anne replied.

"I'm not nervous! Why do you think I'm nervous?" Ricky said, clearly panicking. He laughed nervously.

"Well, I've got the coolest job of all." Dicky cut in and stood up from his chair. "Check out my cool custodian keyring."

Dicky demonstrated it and kept hitting his fingers with the keys. "Ow!"

"Okay, all right, you know what, I'm just gonna help you out with that." Tom said and tried to help Dicky.

A car honked, it was Anne's ride. It was time to say goodbye.

"You guys, I'm going to miss you so much." Anne said, and then hugged everyone. "Ah, love you. Okay, bye guys."

Dawn followed Anne, leaving the boys and y/n with Tom in the kitchen.

Y/n watched Anne and Dawn walk away. When she turned around, the boys and Tom had somehow, in those few seconds, gotten themselves tangled up in the string of Dicky's keyring. Y/n shook her head lightly as she pinched the bridge of her nose.