Ele-Funk in the Room

"We are on fire this month." Dawn said, walking into her house through the backdoor. She was with y/n, Mae, Natlee, and June, all dressed in their scout uniforms. "We've already got our Sunshine Girl kayaking badge, oh, our cookie selling badge, our community service badge. . ."

As Dawn was naming some of their badges, Anne walked through the back door, also wearing a scout's uniform. She closed the door behind her.

"If you call cleaning out your Mom's car community service." Natlee replied.

"Hey, I said you could keep anything you found." Anne cut in, pointing her finger at Natlee.

"I got 32 cents and a hard French fry." Mae said, holding the fry in her hand. The girls were frowning at it, but suddenly Dicky ran over to Mae.

"Dibs!" He said, and took the fry from her. He ate it, but frowned. "This one isn't hard. This one's hard!"

He gave Mae her fry back and pulled another one out of his pocket, eating that one instead. It crushed loudly between his teeth, "Ow, ow."

The girls frowned at each other. But then, a car honked, and Natlee slightly gasped.

"That's my Mom." She said, smiling at the other girls. "Bye, Sunshine Sisters."

The five girls bent over to each other, waving their hands together to do their secret greeting, "Whoo-dee-whoo-dee-whoo-wah!"

"Byeeee!" Dawn, Mae, and y/n said to Natlee and June.

When the two left, Tom walked into the kitchen.

"My three favorite scouts and their fearless troop leader. Get in here." He walked over to the girls and Anne, pulling them into a hug.

Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky were sitting at the table, unimpressed by anything that was happening. Tom looked at them.

"See how happy they look with all their badges? Just think, if you guys were scouts, you'd be in on this hug too."

"Not into it." Nicky replied.

"No thanks." Ricky said.

"No time." Dicky added.

Tom scoffed, "What do you mean? All you have is time. When I was painting that fence earlier, you stood there and literally watched it dry."

"That's only because we were finished watching the grass grow." Ricky replied.

"Yeah, right after we finished watching you cut it." Nicky added. Y/n chuckled at the boys' laziness. But Tom sighed.

"Boys, there is a long tradition of Honor Scouts in our family. I was an Honor Scout. My father was an Honor Scout. His father was an Honor Scout."

"That seems long enough." Ricky cut in, keeping his father from continuing.

"Your father even bought you Honor Scout uniforms years ago, just hoping for the day you'd get bitten by the scout bug." Anne jumped in, helping her husband. Dicky shrugged.

"Sorry, Dad. We're just not scout people."

"Fine. No internet for a month." Tom punished, and everyone gasped.

"What?" The boys asked simultaneously.

"I meant for me!" Tom said, "I'm a failure as a father and I don't deserve it."

Tom and Anne left the kitchen, leaving the kids together. The girls walked over to the boys at the table.

"Look, I bet you guys would love being scouts." Dawn started. But y/n laughed, interrupting whatever convincing speech Dawn was about to give.