Not How It's Supposed To Go

Thank you all for your fast replies to the author's note I posted a few hours ago! <3

After thinking about it and reading your comments, I decided to post it all at once. I felt like if I didn't, the first part would be a bit too sad and it missed something. Obviously, you can decide for yourself if you read the whole chapter at once or take a while to do so, that's all up to you :)

I also think I need to apologize in advance for the angst and sadness you're about to experience. So. . . sorry?

********

Dicky was walking around the Faire, just minding his own business. When he passed a stall, he heard someone crying. He frowned, but then decided to find out who it was. Maybe he could help whoever was crying to feel better?

"Y/n?" He asked when he stepped around the corner. The person he heard crying turned out to be his best friend. He widened his eyes at the sight of her.

Y/n looked up at him in the corner of her eye. She wanted to greet him and pretend everything was fine, but she couldn't make any sound other than a sob.

"W-What's going on?" Dicky asked hesitantly. He was afraid of what had happened to her. "Are you okay?"

It may have been a bit of a stupid question, but he didn't know what else to say. He had never really seen y/n cry, at least not recently. The last time she cried in front of him was. . . years ago.

He sat down next to her on a log and put his hand on her shoulder. Y/n immediately wrapped her arms around him. She buried her face into his shoulder and sobbed. She really needed a hug after all that.

After getting her heart broken by the one boy she had always dreamed of.

Dicky was silent for a while, just letting y/n throw everything out. He understood that she just needed a hug for now. But after a while, he did want to ask why she was crying.

"What happened?" He asked as he let go of her a little. He still held her arms.

Y/n looked at him and tried to think of how to explain what was going on. Where was she even going to start? And was she going to tell him everything?

She knew she couldn't tell him everything. She couldn't tell him she liked Nicky.

"I. . . He. . . . It's just. . . Well. . . He. . ." Y/n stuttered. She burst out into sobs again. The worst part of her conversation with Dicky was that she couldn't tell him the truth.

Dicky sighed. He could tell she was having a hard time explaining what was going on. That must mean that whatever happened, hurt her deeply.

"No, it's all right, you don't have to explain." He said. He hoped that would help her calm down a little, or make her feel more comfortable telling him.

"B-but I-I want to tell you." Y/n replied. She looked up at him with teary eyes. When she blinked, two more tears rolled down her cheeks. Dicky couldn't stand seeing his best friend like this.

"Okay, just, take your time. I'm here." He said.

He was pretty surprised that she wanted to tell him. Usually, she'd stop crying and pretend everything was fine. But apparently, she was so deeply hurt that she couldn't do that. And that thought was scaring Dicky.

Y/n softly nodded and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down and to figure out how she was going to tell him what happened, without revealing too much.

"I-I'm just," She started, "I'm just done being treated like I don't matter."

Dicky tilted his head a little, to show her that he was listening, "What do you mean?"