I Got Your Back

"Attention, Edgewood students. The rosters for all clubs and sports teams are now being posted. Go, Buffaloes."

Nicky, Dicky, Dawn, and y/n were walking in the hallway, as they heard the announcement. Dawn looked at the speaker with widened eyes.

"I-I'm so nervous." She stuttered, "What if I didn't make the team? It'll be terrible. I'll be humiliated." She said and shook Dicky.

Then she turned to Nicky and y/n and put her arms around them. "But what if I did. Imagine. I'll be the first fifth grader to ever make the sixth-grade team. I'll be a legend." Nicky and y/n nodded in agreement.

Then, Dawn turned back to Dicky, "But what if I didn't? It'll be like a horrible kick in the shins." She said and shook Dicky again. Then, she kicked him in the shins.

"Ow! Can we switch now?" Dicky asked y/n and Nicky, who both shook their heads.

"No way." They said in unison.

"I can't look." Dawn said and closed her eyes.

"Don't worry. I got your back." Nicky said and walked away.

"Don't leave me!" Dicky begged, but Nicky was already gone.

"So, you were saying?" Y/n said to Dawn, hoping she would continue shaking Dicky and treating her gently. But then Ricky interrupted them.

"Say konnichiwa to the new president of the Japanese Language Club." He announced, "This is gonna look subarashii on my college applications." He bragged. He then walked away.

"How is that a club, but they wouldn't let me start a Kiss Dicky For A Dollar Club?" Dicky asked annoyed.

"Why do you think?" Y/n replied.

"Dawn!" Nicky suddenly called, "Dawn! You made the team!" He said excitedly when he came back.

"Yes!" Dawn said and stomped on Dicky's foot.

"Ow!"

"I made the soccer team, I made the soccer team, I made the soccer team. . ." She sang and danced in the hallway. But then, the soccer team stood behind her. "What's up, teammates?" Dawn greeted, "Feels so good to say that. Teammates. Teamies."

But then one of the girls scoffed, "Look, Dawn, you may have made the team, but you haven't made "the team"," She said and motioned her hands in the air, "Come on team." She said, and they walked away, leaving Dawn confused.

"So I made the team, but I haven't made "the team"?" Dawn asked, and did the same things with her hands the other girl did, "What does that mean?" Nicky and y/n shrugged. Then, Dawn turned to Dicky again and started shaking him, "What does that mean?!"

****Insert intro music****

Nicky, y/n, and Dawn were sitting in the cafeteria, eating their lunch. Dawn stared at the soccer girls while she was fiddling with the pasta on her plate.

"What should I do? I mean, I don't know what to do, but, what do you think I should do?" She asked Nicky.

"Well, first you stab the food with your fork, then lift the fork to your mouth and let the teeth take over." He explained, and y/n chuckled as she lightly shook her head.

"I know how to eat. It's just. . ." Dawn said, "I don't know what they meant by being on the team but not being on "the team"."

"Look, there's an empty seat." Nicky stated and pointed at the soccer girls' table, "Just go over, sit down, and start talking. You just learned how to eat. That's a conversation starter."