We Want Our y/n Back

Hi everyone, there's one thing I want to say before you start reading this chapter. Some movies will be mentioned that are not new, but will be talked about as if they're new. That's because, based on the release date of this season, they were new in that year (2017). Just wanted to clarify that :)

Also, there are a lot of references to the I Want My Mae B. Back episode, this chapter is kind of a prologue.

Have fun reading!

********

"Hey, Dawn." Y/n greeted when she arrived at the entrance of the mall. It was Dawn, Mae, and y/n's usual meeting spot for their "Mall-Mondays".

Dawn smiled at y/n, happy she showed up.

"Okay, now all we have to do is wait for Mae." She said, and so the girls waited.

And waited. . .

And waited. . .

"It's been ten minutes. Why isn't she here yet?" Dawn asked, a bit frustrated that her Mae hadn't shown up yet.

"I'm sure she'll be right here. Maybe her parents asked her to do something before she left and that's why she's running late?" Y/n shrugged, but Dawn crossed her arms.

"That's exactly what you said last week. And the week before. And the week before!" Dawn said angrily. "I'm pretty sure she's just with Miles again."

Dawn rolled her eyes when she said his name, and y/n sighed.

When Mae and Miles became a couple, everything was still the same. But lately, the two have been hanging out almost every day, canceling their plans with other people. And Dawn didn't like that.

But then, both their phones chimed. Mae sent a chat in their group chat.

Bestiesss✨💕

Mae
Hey girls, I'm sorry but I'm not gonna make it. Miles asked me to watch a movie with him
But I'll be there next week for sure!
Have fun <3

Dawn looked up from her phone, clearly annoyed. She made her "I-told-you-so-but-I'm-also-annoyed-I'm-right" face as she looked at y/n.

"Okay, fine. Sorry, you were right." Y/n said, and looked back at her phone. She quickly typed, "Thanks, you too <3" as a reply to Mae. But as she was doing so, she got two other notifications. Apparently, Mae wasn't the only one texting her.

Nicky
Heeeyyy
We're still hanging out tomorrow, right?

Y/n
Of course :)

Nicky

Y/n smiled and wanted to send a heart back, but Dawn distracted her.

"How are you texting someone else? This is an emergency!" She said angrily. She wanted to snatch y/n's phone out of her hands, but y/n quickly turned it off and put it in her pocket, so Dawn couldn't do that. Y/n could not risk Dawn seeing her texts with Nicky. . .

"When someone texts me, I have to respond!" Y/n replied, and crossed her arms at Dawn. But then, she frowned, "And what do you mean, "emergency"?"

"We're losing Mae!" Dawn said, her voice raised. "She's been canceling all our plans lately, all because of Miles. We gotta do something."

"No, we do not." Y/n replied. And then, she scoffed, "Am I really that terrible that you don't want to hang out with me alone?"

"What? No, that's not what I meant." Dawn answered, and sighed. "I just meant that. . . She cancels everything. Not only have our group hangs turned into Y/n-and-Dawn hangs, but she also cancels our Dine and Dish, Just-The-Two-Of-Us-Tuesdays, and so on."