The Squad-test

"Hey, what'd you guys get for number two?" Dawn asked. She was doing her homework together with Nicky, Dicky, and y/n at Get Sporty.

"I got four." Nicky replied.

"Me too." Y/n said and smiled at Nicky.

"I drew a head." Dicky said and showed them all his drawing.

"Well, my life is officially over." Ricky cut in, who was walking towards them. He threw his backpack on the floor. "My whole class saw. . . "it"."

The others all gasped.

"But you've always been so careful with it." Nicky said.

"And always made sure to hide it." Dicky added.

"And yet, there it was." Ricky said. He then told them the entire story of how the whole class saw his blue teddy bear. "So that's it. I'm giving up Blue Beary." He announced at the end of his story.

"Yeah, right." Dicky said, "He's helped you get straight A's on every test since pre-K. You can't give him up."

"Well, I can give him up easier than you can give up taking a bath with your rubber duck." Ricky defended.

"I don't need to take a bath with Ducky, I choose to." Dicky said. "I enjoy our talks."

"You talk to him like this," Nicky said, ""Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack."" He imitated. Y/n laughed.

"Yeah. He's a duck." Dicky replied. "And what about you, Mitten Man? You still sleep with your baby mittens on your fingers and then rub your cheeks and your earlobes."

"I don't rub the lobes anymore. Just the cheeks." Nicky said. Y/n shook her head lightly and laughed. The others all looked at her. Nicky frowned, "What are you laughing for? You can't go a night without your dear penguin plushie."

"I don't want to be alone at night." Y/n defended, "But I'm sure I could easily sleep without it." She said and crossed her arms.

"Lobes and penguins? What did I walk in on?" Josie said, who put a tray with five smoothies on their table. Dawn sighed.

"These guys still have their security items from when they were babies." She said and then shook her head lightly. "Kids."

"Oh," Y/n said and stood up from her chair. She walked over to Dawn. "You mean, security thingies like this?" She pulled out a blanket from Dawn's pocket. Dawn stood up and pointed at y/n.

"That is a sweat towel for soccer." She defended.

"Then why does it say, "Dawn's Blanky"?" Y/n asked with a patronizing tone in her voice.

"Hey, guys," Josie said and put her hands on Dawn and y/n's shoulders, "Your childhood security items are nothing to be embarrassed about." She said. She let go of the girls, "When I was a kid, I had a Princess Suzie doll until one day she was sunbathing, and my Dad ran her over with our lawnmower. She was always there for me." and then Josie sobbed, "But I wasn't there for her!" She cried and ran away. The kids frowned.

"Issues. . ." Nicky said. 

Dawn sighed and walked away, "Wow. Glad I'm not that attached to Blanky."

"What do you mean?" Dicky said and followed Dawn. "You couldn't go a day without Blanky."

"And you four couldn't go an hour without your little security thingies." Dawn replied.

"Care to make it interesting?" Ricky suggested, "Whoever can go the longest without their bear, duck, penguin, blanket or mittens gets to have the others do their chores for a month."