Chapter thirty two

Novas POV

" Scarlett where  is her  shoe!" I yelled we were getting late. Roses school bus would be here in 5 minutes and Cosmo is not wanting to sit down. He wants to be carried Scarlett has work and rose is getting late did I mention that. " here" she said huffing she'd ran downstairs with Cosmo in her arms. " thank you mama" rose said to Scarlett while I kneeled to help her out her shoes on. Scarlett grabbed she'd bag and I grabbed the kid. I wa son sweats and a tank top but no need to stress about me. I ran out with rose and the bud just pulled up. The bud doesn't wait as I've learned that a  very hard way. Wan rose didn't wanna go if she misses the bus that was a bad morning. She wa scareming and crying for me not to she she rebut Scarlett had said she needed to go. And so I took her screaming and crying a nd I felt awful but she's forgotten about it after. " bye mama by nova!" She yelled running into the bus. Scarlett is a embarrassing mum because she yelled " by rosey mommy loves you" very loud so the others heard and I saw rose go red and I felt embarrassed for her. This poor child. But this isn't the worse things she's done. Oh no Scarlett has danced around and yelled for rose to tell her she loves her back. The poor kid As of this day coudnt be worse. She couldn't take her eyes of the floor that's how embarrassed she was.

" right inside" I said grabbing her shoulders she was laughing this was very humours for her. " I've gotta go to work and you and Cosmo better be ready to leave in 20" she said smiling at me and I nodded Cosmo was ready I just needed to change into something that's not what I'm wearing.

I changing into some jeans and a band tee and tan down. " that's 22 minutes" she said tapping her foot and I rolled my eyes " don't forget the baby bag" she said and I muttered " yes mother" and she stopped. I've definitely said ally worse to her so why is she stopping. " what?" I asked and she shook her head " nothing sweetheart let's go" she said softly and I nodded. Weirdo.

We were driving to the outset HQ and Scarlett asked me " have you sprite with you're mom?" And I scoffed " no" but then I wondered why she'd asked me that. She knows that whole subject is touchy and she avoids it. So why is she asking? " what's going on" I asked and she shrugged " I was curious" and I shook my head " bull shit you're not telling me something" and she sighed " novs I know if you were my daughter I'd definitely miss you" she said quitely and I shook my head why is she defending those shut heads. She's never met them. " you know they treated me like shit so why are you defending them" and she just looked ahead " I don't know" and I just laughed but a very sarcastic one because this isn't funny.

" nov-" she said when she parked up but I stopped her " it's fine" I hugged and got out. I took Cosmo and his bag and went up. She wa sneak down me I know that but I didn't glance back at her. I walked straight to her office and I sighed.

Scarlett's POV

Why was I defending those monsters. I got in my own head and I thought about if it was me and I forgot that they hurt her. It's been 2 weeks since I sent that test off. Jesus I'm starting to think maybe I'll never get those results. Nova looked so hurt. I don't know what I need to do. Well stop lieing and taking those shit heads sides would be a great start.

I had a meeting and I knew they were in my office so I keft nova to cool of and I went to my meeting. After it was done kate pulled me aside " you found out yet?" And I looked at her sonfused because huh? " if she's you're daughter" and I stood there gobsmacked how? " what?" And she looked aorund and then back at me with a small smile " she looks just like you and you have been treating her like you're own. You've also been cagey whne you talk about her childhood and I know she had a bad one. I see the guilt and So did you find out" and I sighed " no it's been 2 weeks the results take a week so I don't think they were" and she nodded slowly " did you try to contact them?" And I nodded " ofcourse but they never answered and I handed it to my lawyers but there waiting on a word back" and she nodded " I know this isn't the best time to tell you this Scarlett but Even if she's not yours don't treat her any less then you do" and I tilted my head " I would never" and she smiled putting her hand on my shoulder " I know don't worry" she whispered to me.

I went to my office and condo was laying on his back while nova played with him " novs" and she looked up she looked a lot less mad because she wouldn't have looked at me if she was still angry " I'm sorry" and she smiled " I know Scarlett it's just a touchy subject" and I nodded " I know but I still acted like I don't hate them which I do" and she gave me another smile " in better news this one's discovered his feet" novs said smiling at Cosmo and I giggled ofcourse it's my kids. Honestly I don't know what to do with them sometimes. " did you?" And I hate the baby voice I make but I do it so often now I don't know what to say. Colin finds it funny but it seems eveyone does it when they talk to a baby.

______________________________

3am

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️