Part 2

Yeah yeah gets home and slams the door.

"Woahh what happened to you?" I ask him confused "why are you so mad, chill out"

"This new kid replaced Elswenger." He frowns

"Well Elswenger was never that good anyway." I say

"Yeah but the new kid only learned how to catch and throw today!" He yells

"Well don't be mean, remember when you were like him." I point out

"Yeah yeah but-"

"No buts! Help the kid play. I'll come and watch you tomorrow." I insist

"No please don't! The boys will be all weird"

"I don't care, besides I haven't seen them in a while. I wanna see how they're all doing"

"They're literally all a year or two younger than you"

"Benny isn't. Bennys my age." I point out. "So is Kenny, and Bertram."

"Yeah yeah but some of us are 11. It's weird that you'd want to hang out with 11 year old."

"Benny does"

"Yeah yeah but that's different"

"Whatever, goodnight" I walk to my bedroom. I get ready for bed and go to sleep.

I wake up and check the time. 9:47. I get dressed into a simple T-shirt and some denim shorts, putting on a pair of converse shoes before walking to the sandlot. When I get there, they are already playing. I walk over to the dugout. As I'm making my way there, Ham notices me.

"It's y/n!!" They all wave at me. I smile and wave back.

I sit in the dugout for a while and watch them all play. The new kid could definitely use some more practice but he's got the hang of it. I start getting thirsty after a while so I get up and start walking to the exit of the sandlot.

"Where are you going!?" Yells squints

"Just to get a drink, I'll be back soon"

I walk to Vincent's drugstore, which is only around five away. As I'm walking to the entrance, I notice a group of boys from school. Tigers. Ugh. They're the other good baseball team in town. The worst part about that team is Jordan Philips. He's the captain. But he's also my ex. We only broke up a week or so ago. We fought quite a lot while we together, I don't think he liked the idea of me being related to one of the sandlot boys.

I ignore them and walk into the shop to buy a coke. While I'm in the drink area, some of the boys who play for the tigers come over to me.

"So y/n, did you hear the news?" They ask. We don't really ever talk so I'm not too sure why they're here.

"What news?" I ask

"Philips is dating someone" one of them say. Already!? We literally broke up last week.

"Who?" I ask trying not to sound too bothered about it.

"Hayley."

Me and Hayley never got along. I never did anything to her but for some reason she hates me, even when we were younger. I stay out of her way most of the time so I don't have to interact with her. When I started dating Philips, I noticed she gave me more death stares than usual. So I'm not surprised she's dating him. But it's still annoying. He's moved on so fast and out of all people it had to be Hayley.

"Interesting. Is that all?" I say carelessly.

"Are you going to hayleys party tonight?" They ask

"Probably"

"Have you got a date?"

Im open my mouth to say no but I suddenly remember that Rodriguez owes me a favour

"Yes. I have" I smirk at them

"Who!?" They ask desperate to find out.

"You'll see."

I quickly buy the coke and run to the sandlot