Part 5

We arrive at the party and lots of people are already there. I open the door and walk in. I grab bennys hand and walk through all the people. I walk to the kitchen and get a drink.

"What do you want to drink?" I ask benny.

"Get me whatever you have" he replies.

I grab a coke out of the fridge and pass it to him.

"Thanks" he says. "So where do you wanna go?"

"Let's go-" I get cut off.

"Well well well look who it is." I turn around and see Hayley standing there with Philips holding her waist. I glare at her. Benny stands closer to me.

"Benny is your date!?" Philips says in a sharp tone.

"Yeah, what about it?" Benny answers for me. I'm a little surprised considering he didn't even want to be here.

"It's clear that y/n has lowered her standards since being with me." Philips says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say frowning at him

"I'm much better than benny and you know it." He smirks at me.

I slap him. "Why don't you focus on your girlfriend instead of me" i grab bennys hand and walk into the garden. There are loads people jumping into the pool. I sit on a bench and gesture benny to sit down next to me.

"How come you said something?" I ask

"What do you mean?" He asks

"Well I expected you to stand there and not say anything, but you didn't" I smile at him.

"Why wouldn't I say anything, you're my 'girlfriend'." He says

I laugh. "Yeah, fair enough." I felt a weird feeling when he said that. Almost as if I wanted him to mean it. I don't like him. He's just a random boy I know. Do I like him? No way. I barely know him. Well that's a lie. Considering what happened last summer.

"Y/n. Jenny and penny are coming over." Benny says. Jenny and penny are Hayley's best friends. I do not get along with them at all. They also really like benny. But he knows. He doesn't like them and tries to avoid them as much as possible. I know how much he hates them. I take his hand and interlock it with mine. He was doing me a favour so I might as well help him out.

"Oh, are you two like dating now?" Asks penny.

"Yeah, so go away." I say.

Jenny sits next to benny and starts touching his arm "you could do much better than y/n" she whispers. But I heard her. I get up, still holding bennys hand. He also gets up.

"What is your problem?!" I ask. Hayley and Philips hear me and come over to watch.

"I just don't believe you." Jenny says

"What?" I ask confused.

"There's just no way you two are dating, there's just no way!" Penny says.

"Well we are so deal with it." I'm about to walk away.

"Prove it." she says. I turn around and look at her.

"How?" I ask. I look at benny nervously.

"Kiss him." Says Hayley.

"Um i- uhh" I'm lost for words. I turn to benny. I give him a confused look.

"Go on then" Philips says. I look at them and then back at benny. I don't know what to do.

"You clearly aren't dating then" they all laugh. I look at them. I feel benny's hand touch my face. He moves my head to face him and lifts my chin. He kisses me. I don't pull away until a few seconds after. They all stop laughing. Hayley groans and runs off. Penny and Jenny run after her. Philips scoffs and walks away. I stare at benny in shock. He smiles. I can tell we are both reminded of last summer. Our faces are still close. I stare at his eyes. He kisses me again.

*bennys pov*

I kiss her again. It reminds me of last summer. I pull away. She looks shocked but in a good way. I'm starting to worry that I shouldn't have done that. I don't like her and she doesn't like me. Right?

"Sorry." I say

"Don't worry about it, thanks for doing that in front of them." She says. She smiles at me. She's so pretty.

I smile at her.

"You wanna go home?" I ask. She nods.

*y/n's pov*

As we walk home, I think about the kiss. We get to my house.

"Thank you benny" I say kissing him on the cheek. He smiles and waits for me to walk into my house before leaving.