Part 22

We all arrive at the pool with our swimsuits and towels in our hands. The boys all walk into the boys changing rooms while me and Hayley go into the girls. Hayley leaves before me, leaving me to finish getting changed on my own. I don't really mind though, it was a bit awkward between me and her anyway.

when I walk out the changing rooms everyone is already in the pool drowning each other. I see Hayley getting very close with benny, im not going to say anything but i'll make sure I keep an eye on her. I don't want another Britney situation. Benny is the first to notice me, then the others start to turn around to look over at me.

"If any of you say anything, I will kill you" yeah-yeah threatens.

Ham hesitates at first. "She's so hot" escapes his mouth. yeah-yeah pushes ham into the water.

"I mean he's not wrong" agrees benny. yeah-yeah splashes water at him.

I jump in and make my way over to them. "Stop trying to kill each other"

Squints is looking over at Wendy. "She's so amazing"

"I'm surprised she's still lifeguarding, summer break is over" says Kenny.

"It's because it's still boiling hot outside" Ham exaggerates

"I'm not complaining" says squints "I could watch her all day"

"You're obsession with her is a little concerning" I say.

Hayley gets out of the pool and makes her way over to Wendy.

"What is she doing?" Yeah-yeah asks.

"No idea" I respond.

Her and Wendy talk for a few minutes. I see them look over at benny and then over at me. I assume Hayley is mentioning me and benny to Wendy.

After around 5 minutes or so Hayley walks back over to us. We all look at her waiting for her to say something.

"Me and Wendy are really good friends" she says. We all just nod.

"Could you set me up with her?" Asks squints. I'm not even surprised.

Hayley laughs "maybe wait till you are a little bit older"

Everyone starts messing around in the pool again. I start splashing water at yeah-yeah but I get interrupted by a whistle blowing. I look over and see Wendy walking over.

"Y/n!" She yells. "you're going to have to leave the pool"

I glance over at benny who looks just as confused as I do.

"Why does she have to leave?" Benny asks.

"Y/n is breaking the rules" she says.

"What rules?" I ask.

"Please leave" she says ignoring my question.

I look at benny. He's frowning at Wendy. "This is so stupid" he complains.

" I know. But I don't feel like arguing with her, so I'll see you later"

"Y/n! Hurry up and leave!" Wendy yells.

"I am! So shut up!" I yell back at her.

She looks at me offended. I only have time to put on a pair of shorts before she starts pushing me away from the pool. I look behind and see benny following.

"Benny stay here it's fine" I say

"No I'm coming with you" he insists.

"Benny. You have to stay here and look after the others, you're the oldest" I point out.

He hesitates "fine. I'll come and see you later"

I smile at him before leaving the pool. Wendy is such a bitch.

*Bennys pov*

That was so shitty of Wendy by kicking y/n out, she didn't even do anything wrong. I go back over to all the boys and Hayley.

"What are we gonna do now?" Asks squints.

"Why don't we just stay here, y/n will be fine" Hayley suggests.

"I don't know, i feel kinda bad leaving her" I say.

"It's y/n, she'll be fine" points out yeah-yeah.

The boys jump back into the pool, I hesitate but Hayley pushes me in, I grab her arm and take her down with me. I emerge from the water, she has a shocked look on her face while also laughing. She looks over at me and splashes water in my face, while still laughing. I start splashing her back, joining in with her laughter. I don't think Hayley is as bad as we all thought she was.

*y/ns pov*

I'm walking along the street making my way up to Vincent's drugstore. It's still really hot and since I pass it on my way home I'll buy a coke or something to stay hydrated.

Great, just my luck. Outside of Vincent's drugstore, Philips is sat by his bike with his friends. He notices me almost instantly. He gets up and makes his way closer to me.

"Would benny approve of you walking around like that?" He says looking me up and down. Im in a bikini top and shorts so I guess he has a point but considering i was practically getting pushed out of the pool, I only had time to grab my shorts before leaving.

I don't reply to him. I stay silent and look at him.

"Here, take my jacket" he says handing it to me.

"Nope" I decline.

"Cmon y/n, I know you hate me and I'm sorry but it's not really a good idea for you to be walking around like that on your own" he says.

I hesitate before taking it. "Fine, thank you"

"Why are you out on your own like this anyway?" He asks.

"Not that it's any of your business but Wendy kicked me out the pool for no reason." I explain.

"That's unfortunate, what about the others?" He asks.

"They stayed there" I say.

*bennys pov*

We only stay 10 more minutes or so before deciding to leave and go find y/n.

We take the shorter route past Vincent's drugstore to  get to the sandlot.We turn the corner and see y/n.