Part 20

"I wanna try again with you y/n" he says "for real this time"

"What's stopping you?"

He smiles at me, but doesn't say anything. He moves his face closer to mine and pushes his lips towards mine, not for long though.

"You're tired y/n, we'll talk about it tomorrow" he kisses my forehead and lies down. I rest my head by his chest and his arm snakes around me. I slowly begin to close my eyes.

The sun brightly beams through the curtains causing me to wake up. I turn to look next to me and see benny peacefully sleeping. I carefully move away from benny, making sure I don't wake him. I go downstairs and all the boys are awake chatting about baseball.

"Y/n" says squints, I look over at him "do you know where benny went?"

I eyes widen slightly. I'm unsure what to say. "There wasn't space in here so he slept in my room"

Yeah-yeah looks at me, very unhappy.

"I slept in the spare room, don't worry" I lie.

"Why didn't he just sleep in the spare room?" Asks yeah-yeah. Can't they just stop asking questions?

"It was messy so I offered my bed to him." I lie, again. They're all still looking at me suspiciously. "Don't worry about it guys, I was just being polite."

The boys are all getting ready to go to the sandlot, including benny, who finally woke up.

"Y/n, you coming with us?" ham asks. I look at him confused.

"yeah, come watch us y/n" says squints "you can play if you want"

I'm so confused. "why?"

"well if you're gonna be girlfriend or whatever with benny then we want to get to spend more time with you, you know not just know you as yeah-yeahs sister" says Bertram.

"And because you're hot" says ham, causing yeah-yeah to hit him the the head with his hat.

"Uhh okay sure" I say.

We get to the sandlot and everyone stops. the sandlots occupied already; not by Philips team, but Hayley and two of her friends, Jenny and Penny. They're playing baseball, and they look pretty good.

"Is that who I think it is?" Asks ham.

"What are they doing here?" squints says in shock.

I look over at benny. "This probably has something to do with you deciding to be friends with her"

"What!" All the boys yell

"What!? She wanted to be friends, she seems nice" benny says defensively. "Just give them a chance"

"Fine" everyone agrees.

We start walking towards the girls and they notice us. Hayley starts to make her way over.

"Hey! Now that we're all good, I think. Me and the girls came to see if we could play baseball with you guys; You weren't here so we decided to start playing anyway."

We all look at each other. I'm not sure why I'm looking around; i don't even play.

"Sure" a few of the boys say.

"Okay great!" Hayley says.

"Okay so because they're is 13 of us playing, if y/n plays, we'll have to rotate who plays" says Bertram. "Who doesn't mind sitting out first?"

"I'll sit out, considering I don't play." I say.

"I'll sit out" volunteers smalls

"So will I" benny says. that's weird, benny never chooses to not play baseball.

"Okay that's sorted, two people can rotate batter" Kenny says

All the sandlot boys go to their normal position and Hayley and penny decide to bat and Jenny goes left centre, where smalls normally plays.

Me, benny and smalls go and sit in the dugout.

"Do you think those girls are actually any good?" Smalls asks.

"We'll have to see" replies benny.

Hayley is up to bat first; she positions herself and gets ready for Kenny to throw his heater. Everyone's eyes widen when she hits the ball near the fence.

"She's good!" Smalls sounds surprised. I nod in agreement. All of the boys are in shock.

Hayley smiles at everyone before giving the bat to Penny. She gets in position and Kenny throws the ball. She hits it far but Tommy catches it.

"Unlucky penny!" Says Hayley.

"Hey y/n! Come have a go at batting!" Yells ham.

I look over at benny. He stands up and extends his hand out towards me.

"Cmon I'll help you" he says. I take his hand and follow him over to where ham is.

He passes me the bat but I stand there unsure what to do. Benny stands close behind me placing his hands on my hips. He positions me so I'm standing in the right place. He takes my hands and places them where they should go before I hit it.

"Stay like this and when the ball is thrown, just swing the bat and hit it." He explains.

"I don't think I can do it" I say.

"sure you can, I believe in you" he kisses the side of my head and backs away.

Kenny throws the ball and I swing the bat, just like benny said. I miss and ham catches it.

"It's alright y/n, don't worry." Says benny "your swing was good, just keep trying. You can do it."

Kenny throws it once again and I miss it, again. Hayley, penny and Jenny burst out into laughter.

"One more try y/n, i believe in you." Says benny.

For the third time Kenny throws the ball and I swing the bat. I hit it. I actually hit it!

"Yes y/n! You did it!" Benny cheers.

I watch the ball fly in the air. It goes far, so far that it goes over the fence.

"Oh my god." Says ham in disbelief.

"No way." Kenny looks shocked.

"Y/n! You're a pro!" Benny says with a proud look on his face. I grin widely at him as he comes over to me and places his arms around my waist, lifting me in the air ever so slightly.

"Yeah whatever, she's alright" says Hayley.