Part 43

It had been a few days since we had all played baseball. I hadn't dared to go near Benny. After realising how in love I am with him, I have no idea how to act around him.

I hadn't spoken to any of the girls apart from yesterday when Phoebe called to tell me how Benny had asked her on a date. That had really ruined my day. Their date was at 6, less then an hour away, and afterwards me, Gracie and Taylor were all going to sleep over at Phoebes so she could tell us how the date went. Maybe I should explain everything to her tonight.

"Y/n." I hear come from the other side of my door.

"Come in." I say. The door flies open revealing Yeah-yeah. "Everything okay?"

"I don't know." He sighs, taking a seat on the empty chair by my desk.

"what's going on?" i ask him.

"Is Benny ever going to join back?" He says quietly.

"How come you're asking me?" i look at him in confusion.

"y/n, i don't care if you and him are together." He says.

Are you actually kidding me. Everything that has happened could've been avoided if he had said that before.

"what?" is all i manage to say.

"A little while ago Hayley told me that she caught you guys kissing. I felt kind of annoyed at first but the more i thought about it, i realised it's not actually that big of a deal and i should just be happy for you." he explains.

he could've realised that like a year ago but whatever.

"well me and Benny aren't together." I sigh.

"Wait what?" Yeah-yeah frowns. "Why not?!"

"It's a long story, don't worry about it." I give him a faint smile.

"Do you still love him though?" Yeah-yeah asks.

"Yeah..I think I always will." I reveal.

"Why don't you just tell him?" He asks.

"It's not that easy yeah-yeah."

"Well you guys will end up back together eventually, I'm sure of it." He says confidently.

"Thanks Alan." I smile.

I hear the faint noise of a door slamming shut. I look over at yeah-yeah and we both rush over to my window and look over at the street. We see Benny walking down his driveway. It seems he's made an effort to dress nicely, not fancy or anything but nicer than what he wears on a day to day basis.

I feel my stomach twist into knots. I want to pull myself away from the window and act like I'm not at all bothered by the fact he's on his way to see Phoebe, but I can't.

"Where's he going?" Yeah yeah is still beside me watching him.

"I don't know." I sigh.

"Probably to do something baseball related." Yeah yeah says stepping away from the window and walking out the room.

I stay there and look at him walk along the street until he is out of sight.

~~

"Tell us everything!" Gracie squeals. We all sat on Phoebes bed surrounding her, desperate to know how the date went.

"It was so good! We talked for hours about so many different things and it never got awkward or boring, he's such an amazing person to be around." She explains. "I still can't believe he asked me on a date in the first place!"

"Do you think there will be a second date?" I ask, intrigued but not in the way she thinks I am.

"Honestly, I think there might be. It seemed like he was into me, he was really flirty and touchy." She reveals with the biggest smile on her face.

I don't even try to hide the disappointment on my face, I look away from them for a moment before turning back to look at her face full of joy.

Even though I was shamefully hoping the date wouldn't go well, I couldn't help but smile at seeing her so happy. She genuinely seems so happy about the date. Looking at her made me completely aware that I can't do it; I can't tell her about what happened with me and Benny. I know I should but seeing her so happy, I just don't want to ruin that.

"I'm so happy for you Phoebe!" Taylor gives her a tight hug.

"Did you guys kiss or anything?" Asks Gracie.

"No we didn't but it's fine, it was only the first date after all." She tells us. I may look disappointed for her on the outside but inside I had never been happier.

"Don't worry about it girl. Kissing doesn't even matter that much, it's overrated." Taylor says trying to make her feel better.

"I suppose." She sighs "By the way girls, tomorrow I agreed for us to play baseball with Benny and all the others so I hope none of you are busy."

"Yeah I'm free tomorrow" I tell her.

"Same here." Agrees Gracie.

"Yep, me too." Taylor says.

"Great! We can go to the sandlot from my house." Phoebe decides.