Part 34

"Guys I gotta go, I'll see you later." I tell Gracie, Taylor and Phoebe as I stand up and grab my bag.

"Bye y/n!" They all wave.

I hurry towards the Baseball pitch, making sure nobody is watching me. When I finally make it to the secret spot behind the pitch, I see that Benny is already here. I sneak up behind him and shout in his ear, making him scream.

"You scream like a little girl!" I laugh.

"Yeah whatever." he rolls his eyes, hiding his grin.

I take a seat next to him, placing my bag beside me.

"Benny I was talking to yeah-yeah last night." I tell him.

"Go on." He turns towards me, giving me his full attention.

"Apparently the sandlot boys want to kick Hayley off the team and get you back." I explain.

His face lights up for a moment but turns back to normal in a matter of seconds. "I doubt all of them agreed to that though."

"Well yeah-yeah definitely wasn't happy about it." I see his face drop slightly. "If I had to guess, I'd say that smalls was definitely one of the boys who wanted you back."

Benny gives me a faint smile but doesn't say anything.

"Maybe you should go talk to them." I suggest.

"But what about me and you hanging out?" He asks.

"You shouldn't ruin your friendship just so you can spend one summer with me." I tell him "Also summers isn't for a few weeks so we can figure it out when we get to it."

"I don't know, y/n." He sighs.

"Please do it Benny. Do it for smalls. I'm sure he misses you like crazy." I point out.

"Yeah okay. I'll do it after school." He decides.

"Good. Don't forget to tell me how it goes."

*Benny's pov*

I take a deep breath before stepping onto the sandlot. They're all playing baseball like normal, without me. I notice that Smalls is batting as I'm walking over. He hits it pretty far and starts running around the bases but he stops just after reaching second base.

"Third base is that way smalls! Turn that way!" I hear Ham yell, motioning towards third base.

I realise that the reason Smalls isn't running to third base is because he's walking over to me. I smile at him as he gets closer. All the others notice what smalls is looking at. Half of them rush over but the other half slowly walk over taking there time whispering to each other. Well now I know who wanted me back and who didn't.

"Hey guys!" I grin at them all.

"Benny you're back!" Exclaims smalls, looking at me excitedly.

"It's good to see you Benny." Says Timmy.

"Yeah, it's good to see you." Repeats Tommy

"Are you here to join back?" Asks smalls desperately.

"I don't know yet, smalls." I sigh.

"You're our best player Benny so you're definitely welcome to join again" Bertram says.

"We'll get rid of Hayley if it means you'll join back." Says Kenny

"That's not gonna happen." An annoyingly familiar states. I look over at Hayley who is giving me a disgusted look. I give her the same look back, mocking her.