part 41

When we leave the changing room, we see all the boys waiting for us by the pool.

"You guys took forever." Bertram complains.

"Well we are here now so stop complaining." Taylor replies pushing him in the pool.

The others start jumping in the pool splashing each other. Before Kenny jumps in I stop him. He turns to me confused.

"Come over here. Now!" I frown. I drag him a few feet away from the pool.

"What the hell was that about earlier?!" I look at him angrily.

"What do you mean?" He asks, acting oblivious.

"Telling them all that me and benny are neighbours!" I say.

"You may be trying to help Phoebe and Benny together but I ain't giving up on you and him. Girl, I'm your biggest shipper." He explains.

"I appreciate it Kenny, I really do but I need to be a good friend to Phoebe." I look over at the others, seeing Benny and Phoebe laughing with each other, splashing water at one another. "I mean, they do look like they would be a good fit together." I sigh.

"Are you seriously just going to give up just like that?" Kenny questions.

I look down at the ground for a moment. "You can't say that Kenny, Benny and I have been doing this for like 2 years now, and we still aren't together."

"Maybe Phoebe is the right girl for him." I sigh.

"Y/n, you're the right girl for him." He replies "You're the perfect girl for Benny."

"If I was the one for him I would be with him already."

"You were literally about to be with him! You're the one who stopped it from happening." Kenny points out.

"This whole situation with Phoebe has made me realise a lot and I just think you should trust me. I think if Benny gave Phoebe a chance, he'd really like her." I state.

"Yeah but you don't want that, do you?"

I sigh. "What I want doesn't matter to me, I just want to be a good friend."

"Putting yourself first isn't selfish y/n." Kenny says before walking off over to the pool.

I stand there for a moment, completely still.

"Y/n!" Gracie yells "are you coming?!"

~~

We all go decide to head back to Benny's house afterwards. As soon as we step inside I quickly take my shoes off.

"Im just going to use the toilet, back in a sec. " I say running straight into the kitchen.

"Y/n! Mi amor, how are you?" Catalina asks, giving me a hug.

"Catalina you have to pretend you don't know me." I tell her. She looks at me confused. "You just have to trust me, I'll fill you in later but please can you do this for me."

"Of course I will, don't worry." She says giving me a wink.

We both walk into the living room where all the others are. Benny looks over confused.

"Benny! I just met your mum here! What a lovely women." I say making Benny even more confused. I notice Bertram open his mouth to say something.

I grab a pillow, throwing it at him. "There you go Bertram, take the pillow." I say giving him a threatening look.

"Nice to meet you all! Other than Kenny and Bertram, I already know you two, good to see you." She smiles.

"Good to see you too, Mrs Rodriguez." Kenny returns the smile.

She smiles at everybody one last time before exiting the room.

"I'll go get some food, y/n why don't you come help me choose?" He suggests. I'm hesitant but nod my head.

"Yeah sure." I follow him to the kitchen.

"Seriously what the fuck is going on y/n?" He asks, looking almost angry.

"My friends were talking about you and I told them that I didn't know you." I say trying to reveal as little as possible.

"Why?!" He frowns.

"It's a long story but I can't tell you." I explain.

"Y/n I thought you liked me." He looks at me, intensely.

"I just think that you'd be better with someone that isn't me." I say.

"Oh really?" He frowns "like who?"

"You and Phoebe seem to be getting along quite well." I point out.

"Yeah she's nice. But that doesn't mean we aren't good for each other ." He protests.

"I just think you should see what it's like with other people." I tell him.

"Why?!" He questions. I don't know why. I don't really understand half of what I'm saying but I'm just trying to get him to give Phoebe a chance.

"I don't know but why don't you take out Phoebe and see how it goes. You never know you may end up liking her more than you like me."

"I'll never like anyone more than you." He says softly. I feel myself blushing.

"Please just take her on a date." I beg.

"If I do, will that make you happy?" He asks.

"Yes, extremely." I nod.

"Well as long as your happy."

I didn't feel very fucking happy. Oh well.

I smile at him. "We actually need to get some food before they wonder what is taking us so long."

He chuckles. "Grab anything you want from the cupboard, you know where it is."

I go through the cupboard, throwing snacks at him. He catches them all.

"My hands are kinda full here, you think you could take something." He pleads.

"Hmmm no thanks, you can do it." I smile, causing him to playfully roll his eyes.

"What took you guys so long." Asks Dylan.

"We got carried away talking about baseball." I lie. Benny drops all the the snacks onto the table. I look at him, subtly gesturing for him to sit beside Phoebe. He does as I say, causing Phoebe to look at me excitedly, I smile at her giving her a wink.