part 38

I sit in class staring out the window, daydreaming. The warm sun glows on my face as i look out at the trees on the empty field. Summer break is only a week away meaning it's getting warmer and schools getting more unbearable.

I feel a note placed on my desk from the boy beside me.

"You could just talk to me you know Benny" i whisper.

"Shhh just read the note." he whispers back.

I open up the note 'Diner at 7 ?'

I look over at him and smile. I pick up my pen and write 'yes' with a small heart beside it.

I fold up the note and pass it to him. I watch him read the note and a wide grin appears on his face. Instead of throwing the note in the bin, he places the note into his pocket.

~~

6:48. I haven't even found an outfit yet. God i'm going to be so late. After looking through my whole wardrobe I manage to find a denim skirt and a tight fitted grey long sleeved top. I guess this will have to do. I check the time once again. 6:55. Shit.

"Y/n" I hear a voice from the window say.

"Yeah." I say already knowing that the voice belongs to Benny. I walk over the the window and see him stood by his.

"Te ves bonita" He smiles. I can feel my cheeks turn pink.

"Thank you Benjamin." I smile back.

"Meet me across the road by the tree right there." He points out of his window to a tree.

I nod and make my way downstairs. "I'm going out, See you later!" I yell to my parents, who are somewhere in the house.

When i get out the door, i see benny waiting by the tree.

"How on earth did you get here so quickly?" I ask him confused.

"Magic." he says, raising his eyebrows. He places a hand on my back, pushing me slightly to get me to start walking.

The diner isn't more than a five minute walk, so we get there in no time.

"Go in the back corner over there." he points to an empty booth.

I nod and make my way over. As we get closer i notice a photo booth beside the table we had chosen to sit at. I give Benny a pleading look.

"Alright then, cmon." He gives in.

I race over to the booth and take a seat.

"Hurry up Benjamin." I order.

"Chill out i'm here." He says taking a seat beside me.

He places money into the cash slot. "Hey! I was going to do that!" I complain.

"Too late. Now cmon we gotta take the pictures."

The screen begins to countdown from 3. I place my head besides Benny, our cheeks touching together. We both smile as the screen flashes, taking the picture.

Once again the countdown begins. I face towards Benny, giving him a kiss on the cheek. The bright light flashes again.

My face remains looking at Benny. He turns and looks into my eyes. I smile softly as i gaze at him. The flash goes off but i don't even notice.

The final countdown begins but i don't pay any attention to it. I lean forward, gently pushing my lips onto Benny's.

The flash goes off for the last time but again, i don't notice.

He slowly pulls away.  "I think you're forgetting about the pictures y/n." He chuckles.

I race out the booth and grab them. "Bagsy keeping them!" I exclaim.

Benny steps out the booth and grabs the printed photos out of the machine. "They print more than one y/n, chill out."

"Yeah..i know."

He takes my hand, leading me to the empty booth.

The sky had started getting dark and the diner was less busy.

"Do you want any more food or are you alright?" Benny asks.

"Nah i'm good." I smile, looking up at Benny whose gazing back at me.

I wait for him to look away but he doesn't. I feel myself smiling uncontrollably.

"What?" I chuckle.

"You're gorgeous y/n" He smiles softly.

My cheeks turn pink.

"How long do you think it'll be until yeah-yeah won't care if we're together?" He asks.

"Well we aren't together so he has nothing to care about." I sigh.

"Well what are we then?" He asks.

"I honestly don't know." I sigh.

"I want to be with you y/n but i don't want your relationship with yeah-yeah to be ruined." He says.

Hearing him say he wants to be with me made my heart skip a beat. I felt a warm feeling in my chest, like butterflies.

"We'll work it out and talk to yeah-yeah." I say.

He takes my hand in his. "good."