Part 33

I'm woken by my alarm clock ringing in my ears. I groan before sliding out of bed and walking over to my closet. I grab some jeans and a simple white top.

When I get downstairs I see yeah-yeah throwing his books in his bag with smalls stood next to him, waiting impatiently.

"Hey smalls, how come your here?" I ask smalls.

"Walking to school with him." He replies, motioning towards yeah-yeah.    

I look over to yeah-yeah. "How come you're not walking with Benny?"

"Me and him don't even go to the same school so why would I?" He says as if it were obvious.

"Yeah but our schools are only a few minutes away from each other, you and Benny always walk together." I point out.

"Well not anymore." He mutters before walking off into the kitchen.

"Smalls, whats going on with him?" I ask.

"Yeah-yeah is mad at Benny for ditching the sandlot." He explains.

"Oh, are the others mad at him too?" I ask.

"Yeah. I hope they all get over it though because we need Benny back." Smalls says.

"What are you guys talking about?" Asks yeah-yeah, walking out of the kitchen.

"School." I say while sitting down to put my shoes on.

"Whatever, cmon smalls let's go." Yeah-yeah says walking out the door. Smalls gives me a small wave before following yeah-yeah out the door.

A few seconds later, there's a knock at the door. I finish tying my shoelaces and open the door.

"Hey." Benny smiles.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I ask "Yeah-yeah could've seen you."

"Don't worry, I made sure he had already left before I came here." He explains "now cmon, we gotta get to school."

~~

"Y/n! Over here girl!" Gracie yells. During the months me and Benny didn't speak, i made a few friends; Gracie, Phoebe and Taylor. We are all in the same art class and were put in a group together for a project. I guess spending lots of time together made us quite close with one another.

I walk over to the lunch table they're all sitting at. "Hey guys!" i say sitting down in the spare seat they had been saving for me.

"We were wondering where you were" exclaims Taylor.

"My stupid math teacher kept my whole class in to explain homework or whatever" i explain.

"ooh unlucky" says phoebe.

*Benny's pov*

I walk into the canteen and see y/n sat with her friends. I'm glad she found some friends who are kind and friendly.

Just like y/n, i also kinda made some new friends. Dylan, River and Christian. I'm not exactly best friends with them or anything but they all play on the school baseball team with me so i hang out with them at lunch sometimes.

Yeah-yeah and most of the others don't join my school for another year so i can't hang out with them, but it's not like i'm friends with them at the moment. Bertram and Kenny are always doing random school clubs during lunch, but i'm not friends with them either right now. If everything gets fixed then ill be able to hang out with them again.