Part 13

*benny's pov*

As soon as school ends i run to the sandlot. The middle school is closer than the high school, so the boys will already be there. I finally get there and throw my bag in the dugout. I run over to yeah-yeah.

"Can we talk?" I ask him.

"Yeah yeah course man" we walk over to the dugout whilst the other boys carry on playing ball.

"I just wanna talk to you about y/n." I say. He sighs, looking down at the ground. "I get that you're mad at her but she really loves you and I think that's the reason she kept this a secret from you."

I could just tell him that it was a fake relationship but before the Britney incident it was obvious we both had feeling for each other. And if I told yeah-yeah it was fake, he would think we never liked each other meaning me and y/n would never be able to have those feelings for each other again.

"I know y/n well enough to know that she would never want to hurt you on purpose." I say, he says nothing but I know he's paying attention to what I'm saying. "If I were you, I'd forgive her."

He looks like he's considering it. "Do you still like her?"

Yes. "I don't know man" I sigh. I don't want to say yes in case he gets mad at me again.

"I'll talk to her." He says. I smile widely. "But please don't break her heart"

Does that mean he's okay with me and her being together?! I hope he is because I miss y/n. I miss being around her. I miss her voice. I miss her laugh. I miss her smile. I just miss everything about her.

Yeah-yeah grabs his stuff and runs home. Hopefully he sorts everything out with her and everything can go back to normal.

*y/n's pov*

Im sitting in my room when I hear a knock.

"Come in" I groan. To my surprise yeah-yeah opens the door. He faintly smiles at me and sits on the end of my bed.

"I just wanna say sorry." He mumbles. "I shouldn't have gotten so mad. And if you wanna date benny then I don't mind. It's your choice, not mine."

Im happy that I can finally be with Benny but then I remembered him and Britney are basically a thing now. I sigh.

"Thank you yeah-yeah" I hug him before he walks out of my room.

All I want is to talk to Benny. But I can't. I haven't spoken to him in ages. I'm not even sure if he hates me or not. He may never want to see me again.

A few hours later, me and yeah-yeah are called down for dinner. I'm in a slightly better mood now so I decide to go downstairs and have dinner.

"Y/n!" Yeah-yeah says surprised but also excited. I smile at him. We eat dinner and I go back up to my room.

*benny's pov*

I need to talk to y/n. I can't wait any longer. I look out my window, our rooms face each other so I can see she is still awake. It's 9:52 meaning my parents are asleep. My house is next to hers so i sneak out my house and walk over to hers. I can't just go through the front door so I go over to her window. It's on the second floor but coincidentally there is a ladder not too far from her window. I move it so it lines up with the window. I quietly climb up it. Once I get to the top I knock. I wait a few seconds, then I knock again.

*y/n's pov*

I hear a knock on my window. I scares me but I go over to it anyway. I open my curtains and see Benny. I freeze. I have a shocked look on my face. He faintly smiles at me. I open the window and let him in. He quietly climbs in.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"I had to see you." He whispers back. I look at him confused.

"Why? I thought you didn't want to see me." I ask.

"I told yeah-yeah to forgive you and now he doesn't mind if we date." Replies Benny.

"It doesn't matter what yeah-yeah says though." I sigh.

"why not?" Benny asks confused.

"Aren't you forgetting about someone."

"Who?" He looks more confused then he did before.

"Britney" I say. I can see the realisation on his face when I say that. He looks disappointed, which confuses me. I thought he liked Britney. I sit on my bed and gesture for him to sit next to me.

"Me and her aren't even dating though." He points out.

"But it would be rude for you to lead her on and then not even date her." I say

"She's the reason me and you broke up in the first place"

"She didn't do it purposely" I say

"Y/n. She knew we were together and she didn't respect that. I know that you're a nice girl but you shouldn't defend her on this."

He has a point. "Yeah, fair enough" I lie down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Benny lies down next to me and does the same

"I really missed you y/n." He says looking over at me. I look over at him and smile.

"I really missed you too Benny" I say.

*benny's pov*

Im glad everything is okay with me and y/n. I had a feeling it would be. We get along very easily. We always have. At least now we don't have to keep anything from yeah-yeah.

Y/n moves closer to me. She rests her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her. She looks tired and I noticed her eyes slowly start to shut. I play with her hair until she fully falls asleep. I check the time. 10:36. We have school in the morning and I know I can't stay here all night so I slowly unravel my arm and gently move her head onto her pillow. I write her a note and put it on her bedside table. I kiss her forehead before climbing down the ladder. I put the ladder where it originally was. Being as quiet as I possibly can I walk into my house and go to my room. Im pretty tired so I go straight to sleep.